I've got a crafting macro that works nicely. However, when the game
loads I find it has truncated my macro to 976 characters. The macro
is actually 1017 characters long. I can fix it in-game and it works
fine. If I manually edit the macro file, it will load fine and run
ok. But if I edit it and resave it in-game (which I have to do
because the draftSchematic slot changes from time to time, even if I
haven't learned any new skills), then the next time I run the game
it's truncated again.

Is this something relatively new? I've saved long macros before and
not had a problem, though I can't say exactly how long they were or
how long ago I did that.

Can you post it here (the Macro ) please

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:20:56 GMT, Knowledge@dot.com (Knowledge is
Power) wrote:

> Can you post it here (the Macro ) please

In the macro file it's all one long line. Broken down here as it is
in-game and added comments. The comments (--) and blank lines are not
actually in the macro, take them out if you're going to use it.

The toolbar for this has 5 crafting tools in the first 5 slots.

----- START OF MACRO (with added comments) -----

-- Don't know why this pause is here
-- I don't remember adding it.

/pause 0.25;

-- Use tool in first slot and wait a bit for it to load

/ui action toolbarSlot00;
/pause 1;

-- Select the schematic to use

/selectDraftSchematic 175;

-- Pause to allow selection of resources

/pause 5;

-- Skip through the various crafting steps

/nextCraftingStage;
/nextCraftingStage;
/nextCraftingStage;
/createPrototype practice no item;
/createPrototype practice no item;

-- Pause to let it do its thing

/pause 2;

-- Same again with second tool

/ui action toolbarSlot01;
/pause 1;
/selectDraftSchematic 175;
/pause 5;
/nextCraftingStage;
/nextCraftingStage;
/nextCraftingStage;
/createPrototype practice no item;
/createPrototype practice no item;
/pause 2;

-- Same again with third tool

/ui action toolbarSlot02;
/pause 1;
/selectDraftSchematic 175;
/pause 5;
/nextCraftingStage;
/nextCraftingStage;
/nextCraftingStage;
/createPrototype practice no item;
/createPrototype practice no item;
/pause 2;

-- Same again with fourth tool

/ui action toolbarSlot03;
/pause 1;
/selectDraftSchematic 175;
/pause 5;
/nextCraftingStage;
/nextCraftingStage;
/nextCraftingStage;
/createPrototype practice no item;
/createPrototype practice no item;
/pause 2;

-- Same again with last tool

/ui action toolbarSlot04;
/pause 1;
/selectDraftSchematic 175;
/pause 5;
/nextCraftingStage;
/nextCraftingStage;
/nextCraftingStage;
/createPrototype practice no item;
/createPrototype practice no item

----- END OF MACRO -----

This macro is called "grind". I've got that assigned to the F12
button on the same toolbar, so each time I hit F12 it does 5 grinds.

The "pause 5" changes depending on how many resources are required.
I'm using 5 for a 2-resource item.

The 175 changes depending on where the item is I want to make. Open a
crafting tool and type in this command, changing the number until you
find the thing you want to be making.

I don't do this near a crafting station. You'd probably have to add
more steps if you are to get past the extra stuff it asks then.

Charlie

"Arylliana" <arylliana@nospam.pdunlap.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> /pause 1;
> /selectDraftSchematic 175;
> /pause 5;
> /nextCraftingStage;
> /nextCraftingStage;
> /nextCraftingStage;
> /createPrototype practice no item;
> /createPrototype practice no item
>
> ----- END OF MACRO -----
>
> This macro is called "grind". I've got that assigned to the F12
> button on the same toolbar, so each time I hit F12 it does 5 grinds.
>
> The "pause 5" changes depending on how many resources are required.
> I'm using 5 for a 2-resource item.
>
> The 175 changes depending on where the item is I want to make. Open a
> crafting tool and type in this command, changing the number until you
> find the thing you want to be making.
>
> I don't do this near a crafting station. You'd probably have to add
> more steps if you are to get past the extra stuff it asks then.

Having three /nextCraftingStage per tool should be enough to use a crafting
station and not bork the macro. I used a macro with weaponsmith and the
item I grinded on required a crafting station. Three /nextCraftingStage
lines worked perfectly for me.

And yeah, if your macro is too long, it will be truncated when you log in or
even shuttle around. A macro can support 4 crafting tools but it's with the
5th one where the macro will truncate each time.

You can make 2 macros, one for four crafting tools. Try that out.

--
Maestro Sartori <TGU>
Lieutenant, Imperial Army, Tarquinas

Zacharias <TGU>
Imperial Private, Tarquinas
Artisan 4444, Master Weaponsmith, Merchant 3214

Narcisse Barbarossa <TGU>
Neutral
Musician 2344

> I've got a crafting macro that works nicely. However, when the game
> loads I find it has truncated my macro to 976 characters. The macro
> is actually 1017 characters long. I can fix it in-game and it works
> fine. If I manually edit the macro file, it will load fine and run
> ok. But if I edit it and resave it in-game (which I have to do
> because the draftSchematic slot changes from time to time, even if I
> haven't learned any new skills), then the next time I run the game
> it's truncated again.
>
> Is this something relatively new? I've saved long macros before and
> not had a problem, though I can't say exactly how long they were or
> how long ago I did that.

This has been in there for as long as I can remember. I had a lot of
problems setting up my early entertainer macros (Musician is actually a
lot of fun) especially.

The only way I was able to fix it was to divide the macros up into
'submacros' and call those. Kinda like that whole modular programming
thing.

- Oalan