  • Macros
  • VBScript
  • Windows XP
August 25, 2005 3:44:04 PM

I'm running Word Macros from VBScript scripts. I create a Word application
object ,
set Visible to false, and open the Word document that contains my macros. Mo
windows open while the script runs the macros. Once all the processing is
done, the driver script executes "appWord.Documents.Close()".
THEN an empty Word window visibly opens and remains there until I manually
close it.

What's going on??? I'm automating processes to run reports every night and
don't want this window hanging around. Is there another command I should be
using to get rid of the Word session? (I do the same thing with Excel
("appXL.Workbooks.Close()") and it works fine.)

P.S.: Is there a better forum for this question?

More about : vbscript problem

Anonymous
August 25, 2005 3:49:13 PM

I meant "NO windows open while the script runs the macros."

"edger" wrote:

> I'm running Word Macros from VBScript scripts. I create a Word application
> object ,
> set Visible to false, and open the Word document that contains my macros. Mo
> windows open while the script runs the macros. Once all the processing is
> done, the driver script executes "appWord.Documents.Close()".
> THEN an empty Word window visibly opens and remains there until I manually
> close it.
>
> What's going on??? I'm automating processes to run reports every night and
> don't want this window hanging around. Is there another command I should be
> using to get rid of the Word session? (I do the same thing with Excel
> ("appXL.Workbooks.Close()") and it works fine.)
>
> P.S.: Is there a better forum for this question?
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 9:15:08 PM

appWord.Application.Quit

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes