Help a New Architect

Last response: in Video Games
June 8, 2004 9:08:27 PM

I'm new to the architect profession and I can't seem to make any
money. The problem is established architects seem to be able to corner
market. How can I sell my products for their true value when an
established architect can undersell me and still make a profit? I'm
always low on money and resources. How can I compete? The only thing I
can do is start a price war that I can't win. Are all the crafting
professions like this? Please give me some suggestions.

One other note: Hunting as a source of income is out of the question.
My character was created as a builder type only. I thought I could
make money just building. My character cannot fight as he dies very
quickly.

More about : architect

Anonymous
June 9, 2004 11:27:48 AM

On 8 Jun 2004 17:08:27 -0700, tevans6220@verizon.net (tevans) wrote:

>I'm new to the architect profession and I can't seem to make any
>money. The problem is established architects seem to be able to corner
>market. How can I sell my products for their true value when an
>established architect can undersell me and still make a profit? I'm
>always low on money and resources. How can I compete? The only thing I
>can do is start a price war that I can't win. Are all the crafting
>professions like this? Please give me some suggestions.
>
>One other note: Hunting as a source of income is out of the question.
>My character was created as a builder type only. I thought I could
>make money just building. My character cannot fight as he dies very
>quickly.

Architects have a hard time of it making money. While other
professions can sell their stuff at 4cpu or higher, architect stuff
generally goes for no more than 2cpu. I can make more money selling
the resources on the bazaar than I can building stuff with them.
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 12:43:01 PM

"tevans" <tevans6220@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:D 3825a7d.0406081608.6385849d@posting.google.com...

> One other note: Hunting as a source of income is out of the question.
> My character was created as a builder type only. I thought I could
> make money just building. My character cannot fight as he dies very
> quickly.

Semi-serious suggestion: I've seen someone on the Corbantis Trade forums
advertising that he want to buy meat and MILK. Milking animals requires the
Mask Scent skill, which you get with Novice Scout and 2 boxes of Exploration
(drink Jawa Beer to enhance your Mask Scent). If the money is decent, it's
a low-risk job - just annoying when some hunter comes along and shoots the
critter you're trying to milk.
!