Help a New Architect

I'm new to the architect profession and I can't seem to make any
money. The problem is established architects seem to be able to corner
market. How can I sell my products for their true value when an
established architect can undersell me and still make a profit? I'm
always low on money and resources. How can I compete? The only thing I
can do is start a price war that I can't win. Are all the crafting
professions like this? Please give me some suggestions.

One other note: Hunting as a source of income is out of the question.
My character was created as a builder type only. I thought I could
make money just building. My character cannot fight as he dies very
quickly.
2 answers Last reply
More about help architect
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On 8 Jun 2004 17:08:27 -0700, tevans6220@verizon.net (tevans) wrote:

    >I'm new to the architect profession and I can't seem to make any
    >money. The problem is established architects seem to be able to corner
    >market. How can I sell my products for their true value when an
    >established architect can undersell me and still make a profit? I'm
    >always low on money and resources. How can I compete? The only thing I
    >can do is start a price war that I can't win. Are all the crafting
    >professions like this? Please give me some suggestions.
    >
    >One other note: Hunting as a source of income is out of the question.
    >My character was created as a builder type only. I thought I could
    >make money just building. My character cannot fight as he dies very
    >quickly.

    Architects have a hard time of it making money. While other
    professions can sell their stuff at 4cpu or higher, architect stuff
    generally goes for no more than 2cpu. I can make more money selling
    the resources on the bazaar than I can building stuff with them.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "tevans" <tevans6220@verizon.net> wrote in message

    > One other note: Hunting as a source of income is out of the question.
    > My character was created as a builder type only. I thought I could
    > make money just building. My character cannot fight as he dies very
    > quickly.

    Semi-serious suggestion: I've seen someone on the Corbantis Trade forums
    advertising that he want to buy meat and MILK. Milking animals requires the
    Mask Scent skill, which you get with Novice Scout and 2 boxes of Exploration
    (drink Jawa Beer to enhance your Mask Scent). If the money is decent, it's
    a low-risk job - just annoying when some hunter comes along and shoots the
    critter you're trying to milk.

Games Video Games Product