Backup SD Card

November 14, 2004 2:46:42 AM

There are any PALM software for backup the SD Card to the PC. ?

Thanks !

-- Alvar --

More about : backup card

Anonymous
November 14, 2004 2:46:43 AM

Alvar Ros wrote:
> There are any PALM software for backup the SD Card to the PC. ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> -- Alvar --

There might be, but you can buy a USB card reader for your PC for a very
small amount (a few dollars) -- some newer computers have one built in.
When you plug the card into it, it shows up on the Windows system just
like another drive, and you can copy files to and from it just like any
other drive on the PC.

Roy Lewallen
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 1:16:39 PM

"Roy Lewallen" <w7el@eznec.com> wrote in message
> Alvar Ros wrote:
> > There are any PALM software for backup the SD Card to the PC. ?
> >
> > Thanks !
> >
> > -- Alvar --
>
> There might be, but you can buy a USB card reader for your PC for a very
> small amount (a few dollars) -- some newer computers have one built in.
> When you plug the card into it, it shows up on the Windows system just
> like another drive, and you can copy files to and from it just like any
> other drive on the PC.
>
> Roy Lewallen

Also, check your printer. My Photosmart printer has slots, and I can
manipulate files that way.
November 14, 2004 6:23:25 PM

Necron 99 wrote:
> "Roy Lewallen" <w7el@eznec.com> wrote in message
>> Alvar Ros wrote:
>>> There are any PALM software for backup the SD Card to the PC. ?
>>>
>>> Thanks !
>>>
>>> -- Alvar --
>>
>> There might be, but you can buy a USB card reader for your PC for a
>> very small amount (a few dollars) -- some newer computers have one
>> built in. When you plug the card into it, it shows up on the Windows
>> system just like another drive, and you can copy files to and from
>> it just like any other drive on the PC.
>>
>> Roy Lewallen
>
> Also, check your printer. My Photosmart printer has slots, and I can
> manipulate files that way.

Softick Card Export will let you access the SD card in your Palm as though
it was an external HDD. You can drag and drop, rename and delete files using
Windows Explorer. Just leave the Palm connected via the USB cradle/cable.

--
Please quote "easytiger" for your PlusNet referral :-)
Anonymous

Tiny Tim wrote:
> Necron 99 wrote:
>
>>"Roy Lewallen" <w7el@eznec.com> wrote in message

<snip>

BackupBuddy (http://www.bluenomad.com/bb/prod_backupbuddy_details.ht...)
will backup everything during a hotsync, including the contents of your
expansion card.

BlueSync (http://www.bluesquirrel.com/products/bluesync/) is specially
made to backup your expansion card during a hotsync.

Gareth
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 5:23:25 AM

"Tiny Tim" <_tim_dodd@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Softick Card Export will let you access the SD card in your Palm as
> though it was an external HDD. You can drag and drop, rename and
> delete files using Windows Explorer. Just leave the Palm connected via
> the USB cradle/cable.

PFB will do the same thing, for free.

--
Regards,