Blue Screen Dump and Auto Restart of System

nightling

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Hi, I been encountering this checker screen error a few months after I got my computer, as mine is a self built, I can't get them to trouble shoot for me. It was like once a week in the beginning, then once every two days and now its three to five times a day. I thought it was my graphic card error, but I can still work on it normally after I restart. I updated my graphic card driver to the latest.

spoil10%20aug.JPG

Then I did a RAMm test, wonder if I did it correct, because it shows no error.

DSC00390.JPG

I am not sure where else to troubleshoot and bluescreen dump keep restarting my computer for like 3-5 times each restart before I can get into Windows XP. It states Drive_..._IRQ, then it blinks off again.

I really hope someone can help me on this. Everything is working on this computer and I do not want to change the whole computer just because of an error. Please guide me on the troubleshooting steps, thank you.

Sincerely,
Nightling

nightling

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010

Hi Emerald,

I did change my video card before, from GeForce 8800 to the current Radeon 5700, but the problem persist. I have not troubleshoot the fans yet though, does fans also cause blue screen dump? I think the temperature shouldn't be a problem, because I am using Cooler Master casing, good ventilation I guess.

Hi Henydiah,

Even before I update my VGA driver, the problem of blue screen dump exists and became more frequent recently, so I knew I need to get help. I am wondering if updating motherboard driver helps?

nightling

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010

Hi Henydiah,

As mentioned earlier, my original graphic card is NVIDIA GeForce 8800, just swap to Radeon 5700 this year. I have no problem working on the computer, safe mode, bios and etc, except that it will get blue screen dump 3-5 times each start-up before it gets into Windows. In addition, the checker screen error will occur.