Acessing fan control on Leadtek Geforce 7900 GT?

Sir Canealot

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Hi all,

I'm recently been messing around with my system more (I'm upgrading soon, so best time to learn new stuff :p), and I've realised from reading the bios that it possibly only runs the fans at 50% speed in 3d mode!

I've been searching for a way to access fan control for this card as I'm certain I should be able to do it through RivaTuner and not have to flash the card's bios!

I'm running a Leadtek Geforce 7900 GT, and I have RivaTuner 2.24 and I'm running the 182.50 drivers for it.

I have an NForce motherboard, can't remember the exact type right now. Is it anything to do with that...?

I'm basically not seeing any fan control options in RivaTuner, and there's so much different information around about doing this that I thought I'd ask on this board. Anyone have any ideas? :)

Thanks!

drakenabarion

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
I find it easiest to use SpeedFan. I tried a couple of other things but my best experiences were with SpeedFan.

Also I use it to measure temperatures also (and with a great little gadget called "All CPU Meter" I have a nice little usage/temp meter on my second monitor so I know if I am close to overheating)

Sir Canealot

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Can you suggest how I do this with speedfan? I actually came across this earlier while searching around for methods, and I couldn't really see any blatant controls in there or anything.

Am I missing something silly? :ouch:

drakenabarion

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
Actually, I have SpeedFan setup to automatically assess my fan speeds. They do go faster when in 3D mode or whenever the system gets hotter.

You can vary the speeds by going to the "Readings" tab. Click "Configure". In the window that pops up, go to the "Speeds" tab. I have 3 speed settings in this. I set mine all at 100%.

Then in the same window, you can go to "Fans" and you get a list of temperature sensors. If you expand the individual sensors, you have tick boxes which relate to what is setup in the "Speeds" tab.

But like I said, I usually have the settings set to auto.