How Do I Overclock Onboard Graphics?

Hey,
I am fairly new to this, I was wondering If it was possible to Overclock my Onboard Graphics, I have an "EG41MF-S2H" mobo.
I Overclocked my e5200 to 4.00Ghz no problem and there's 8 fans in my Tower.
Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about overclock onboard graphics
  1. no point in ocing onboard graphics (dont even think its possible) as it will still be very weak, you should just buy a mid range gpu (100$) this will give you much more power than any onboard graphics will ever get (in the near future...)
  2. I would be done through M/B BIOS options, unfortunately as far as I know theres no BIOS options available to OC onboard graphics, but maybe your M/B has some BIOS options available, but I seriously doubt it.

Best option for you is add a graphics card, and disable onboard video, the most aggressive thing onboard video is really capable of is DVD playback, if you're attempting any gaming, you need a stand alone GPU.

At least your M/B does have a PCI-E X16 slot for a GPU, which will make all the difference in Graphics performance.
  3. (I Didn't look at your mobo specs)

But, for $30 my graphics card works great...

(I arrived here by a google class wormhole)

Right now im building someone a computer just like mine, except it has 1 GB (faster) ram instead of 2GB, it has amd semphron instead of athlon 64 X2, and it's using onboard graphics.

Well the game i'm comparing only utilizes one core

and i have OC'd the processor to 3.2 GHZ, where my other system is stuck at 2.8 due to cooling.

i never go over 700 MB of the ram being used while running the game on either computer...

But with my $30 ati radeon HD 4550 my other one runs the game on max settings well, this one cant with integrated nvidia 6150...

ok, lot of unfair comparison...

but a dedicated GPU with dedicated ram for it is a good idea. even if it's $30.
  4. Add a Gfx card and OC!We cannot oc onboard grafiX!
  5. First if all that's not possible...I think and number 2, just buy a Graphics Card! You can buy ANY Graphics card on the market and get more performance that what you will ever get using On-board. you can get a mid range Graphics card from $100-$300.
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Overclocking Graphics