Sign in with
Your question

Do the Antec Nine Hundred LEDs have a switch?

Last response: in Components
September 11, 2008 12:23:15 AM

Can you control the blue lights on the Antec Nine Hundred with a switch?
September 11, 2008 1:48:55 AM

I guess you could make a switch to put inline with the power connector. Other than that your best option would be to unplug the LEDs.

-mcg
September 11, 2008 2:04:00 AM

The antec has a secret noise and light switch, pushing it turns on 'stealth' mode killing all the lights and noise too!

They hide this switch by calling it 'pwr' or 'power'. Funny enough, most gamers have never pressed this secret little button.
Related resources
September 11, 2008 4:29:27 AM

MrCommunistGen said:
I guess you could make a switch to put inline with the power connector. Other than that your best option would be to unplug the LEDs.

Thanks a lot for the ideas. Is there something available that could be installed as an LED switch?

mrmez said:
The antec has a secret noise and light switch, pushing it turns on 'stealth' mode killing all the lights and noise too!

They hide this switch by calling it 'pwr' or 'power'. Funny enough, most gamers have never pressed this secret little button.

Maybe not the most humorous sarcasm I've ever heard ;)  But strangely enough, there's countless reasons one would want the computer on with the lights off, such as downloading something or running some process at night, or if you simply find the lights annoying. Also I'm considering this case for a PC for my father, or for office use, and the lights would usually not be desired in those instances.
September 11, 2008 4:41:07 AM

I have the case LED don't bother me. It is an exelent buy, does what a case is suposed to do air flow. For the price it is an excelent buy.
September 11, 2008 11:38:42 AM

The LED's like 99% of the fans out there are wired directly into the fan power. So you can't. BUT you can cut the LED out.

My suggestion? Buy some new fans with no LED. Get some Blue CCFL lights that have a switch to turn them off and on. I put two 12" CCFL in my sons Antec 900 and they come with a neato switch for a PCI slot. I got rid of the always on fan lights with better fans.

Look up Petras, I really like the service and peeps there a lot. If you HAVE to have clear fans I can't reccomend a brand etc. I can recommend the yate Loon mediums as cheap quiet very popular fans, but they are black. Again Petras sells a pack of 4 at a cheap price.

Some of the better PC modder stuff out there linkies for ya.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/
a c 105 ) Power supply
September 11, 2008 11:46:21 AM

Maybe the Antec 900 isn't the case for you. Have you taken a look at the CoolerMaster RC-690? It is somewhat more subdued.
a b ) Power supply
September 11, 2008 11:51:57 AM

I actually told someone a few weeks ago how to add a switch to lights built into fans!

If the LEDs are in parallel with the fan just break the connection between any 2 LEDs and fit a single pole single throw (SPST) switch in.

If the LEDs are in series with the fan, you will need a single pole double throw (SPDT):
Connect the common to where one of the wires comes from the mobo/molex (on the LED side of the loop), and connect one of the other connections to where you just broke the circuit, and the other to the point between the LEDs and the fan.

switches can be purchased on www.maplin.co.uk for around 70p.
a b ) Power supply
September 11, 2008 12:25:01 PM

Or in the USA, radioshack or similar
October 2, 2008 8:07:48 PM

Dear mi1ez,

I just got an Antec 1200 and I want to add switches to the LED Molex power connector. However, I'm an electronics newbie - I build my own rigs but I don't know enough about wiring to understand your suggested solution -

What does it mean to be "in parallel" or "in series" ? The lead for the LEDs are in one molex connector - I'm assuming I'll have to unwrap that, identify the LED lead (how will I do that?), cut it and add the switch - is that right? That sounds difficult.

Would you mind giving a step-by-step for the enthusiastic but ignorant? Thanks in advance! The case is great, but I gotta have a way to turn those 120mm LEDs off -

Here's a pic of a similar Antec fan with a Molex pwr connector and an rpm connector for the Motherboard:

http://www.turbokeu.com/mycomputer/antecfan.htm

Thanks again, mi1ez -
!