Mobo that can use an E8500

comware

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hello everyone.
I would like to know if there is a mobo that can use an E8500, or something in that performance range, and can be fully utilized, with XP Home. I am unable to use SP1 or newer, I did not try SP3 yet, due to some incompatibility with my old gear.
Ideally it should have a Com port, Fire wire and Game / MIDI port built in.
Thank you. TV

comware

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi.
OK, let me try to explain. It would seem that the mobos, now days, lack some of the drivers, like The PCIE, USB, Graphics, etc. They (Asus, ECS etc.) are expecting you to get them from the SP1, SP2 Pack. Why? I don’t know, they are too lazy to write their own, or it’s another one of the MS games to sell more OSs?
I tried the P5Q-EM, and ..7050 ECS, they both lack the drivers. Maybe somebody here knows what the game is. I was out of this loop for the last couple of years. TV

comware

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi.
No, the budget is not something I am concerned with right now.
I come from the old school where you needed to sign or at least initial your posts. Those are my initials.
Maybe Tom knows what the deal is with the drivers. If I know Billy, like I know Billy, it’s probably something to do with him. I have some real good / expensive Hardware that XP SP1 does not agree with, another one of the Billy's acts, write code to obsolete hardware, sell more OSs, evil I tell you. He is probably only worth half of what he was a week ago, he needs to think of other ways to get more money. TV

comware

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi.

“If you're having that much trouble with Micro$oft, just dump windows altogether and upgrade to Linux. That's what I did.”

I tried that, but the firmware for some of my gear is not compatible with it. I would have to rewrite a lot of things. My MIDI equipment and some special Plotters use some code that is not “well behaved” by MS standards. I ported it from the old windows, it actually was written for DOS. To get something like this now would cost a lot more money that I want to spend, and besides it works.
I have some gear that have the 4004 Processors in it, best quality text printer, still. TV