Question about ATI warranty policy

Does ATI allow you to over clock without voiding the warranty. I know EVGA allows you to.
9 answers Last reply
More about question warranty policy
  1. not really if thats what you want buy the OCd version of the card you want. But, heres the thing. How would they ever know unless you fry it?
  2. ^ Because most chips keep a log of what happend to them.

LOL
  3. hmmmm really now? are you sure? links? not saying your wrong just curious
  4. I could be wrong but i dont have any source for proof.

Otherwise how would intel know that you OC the chip when you send it back to them?
  5. Thats my point .....HOW if a chip is burnt there is no way of retrieving said data. Maybe we should look into this
  6. yeah.

I guess if the chip is dead how do they retrieve the data if they cant turn it on?
  7. I dont think they can but I may be wrong this deserves an investigation
  8. i think as soon as Intel sees a burnt chip they know its us... i mean who else would return a steaming Q9550 or melted 4870
  9. well ive sent back a chip that was fried. It wasnt my fault, it just fried
    For the video card part its happened to me too on a new build offthe shelf for a customer...... pooooof smoke!! It wasnt the board or psu, as soon as the card was replaced there were no more problems! One of the first questions from gigabyte rep was: "Was it overclocked?" Of course my answer was no . My RMA card returned 3 weeks later and breezed through the next install.
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Policy EVGA ATI Overclocking