is there a list with a breakdown..

is there a list with breakdowns of what is the best gun for each prof level?

stuff like that is confusing me..lol

it will say im cert for a certain riffle but am told others are better even
though i was cert for them from like day one..youd think the latest cert
would be the best?

anyhoo it would help me to know for example whats the best riffle for a
novice riffleman and the best armor to get etc etc.

i also am a new CH and would love tips to fast gain xp as it seems painfully
slow..lol

thnx

KROM
6 answers Last reply
More about list breakdown
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "KROM" <thekromremoveremove@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > is there a list with breakdowns of what is the best gun for each prof
    > level?
    >
    > stuff like that is confusing me..lol
    >
    > it will say im cert for a certain riffle but am told others are better
    > even though i was cert for them from like day one..youd think the
    > latest cert would be the best?

    The reason it's not that simple is because all weapons and armor require
    sertain resource types. Some require rare resources for certain parts
    affecting the resulting product specs. There are servers (galaxies)
    where a particular resource has never spawned at the quality that would
    make it worth to make a part/weapon that depends on it.
    That's why a good laser rifle (if I remember correctly) is out of
    question on some servers but thrives on other servers.

    There are a lot more other factors to weapon usage:
    - damage type (various creatures have resistance to some damage types, so
    does armor)
    - a balance of damage/speed/efficiency
    - HAM costs (can be not that important if you use proper buffs)
    - AP rating (weapon that pierces light armor gives damage bonus against
    unarmored enemy)
    - some weapons can be crafted with optional components (for example, a
    component giving a chance to inflict bleeding without executing a special
    move)

    Consider also this: at Master Rifleman, weapon speed does not matter that
    much - you fire practically as fast as Pistoleer at that point, due to
    the speed bonuses in Rifleman skill tree. That's going to change after
    Combat Balance Publish, I think.

    I'm Pistoleer but I'll give you an example:
    - my best everyday weapon is Scout Blaster (second pistol box in marksman
    tree if I remember correctly)
    - I use FWG5 pistol (heat damage) against creatures that have energy
    resistance.
    - on Endor, most creatures are energy resistant, half of the critters are
    heat resistant. So I have to use DX2 (acid damage, novice pistoleer
    cert.) against them. But that one has high HAM costs and I'm killing
    myself that way fast unless I'm buffed. Note that HAM cost is multiplied
    the same factor as output damage and determined by special move that you
    execute. DX2 also has light armor penetration rating.
    - there is a version of FWG5 with special components that bears a name
    "featherweight FWG5" on our server. It gives bonuses to dodge, melee
    defence, and some other (don't remember). And costs accordingly ;-) But
    no such component can be put in DX2 it seems.

    Talk to you local weaponsmith about all these intricacies.

    Xael
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Alexei Boukirev" <aboukirev@blah.ameritech.net> wrote in message
    > "KROM" <thekromremoveremove@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >
    > > is there a list with breakdowns of what is the best gun for each prof
    > > level?
    > >
    > > stuff like that is confusing me..lol
    > >
    > > it will say im cert for a certain riffle but am told others are better
    > > even though i was cert for them from like day one..youd think the
    > > latest cert would be the best?
    >
    > The reason it's not that simple is because all weapons and armor require
    > sertain resource types. Some require rare resources for certain parts
    > affecting the resulting product specs. There are servers (galaxies)
    > where a particular resource has never spawned at the quality that would
    > make it worth to make a part/weapon that depends on it.
    > That's why a good laser rifle (if I remember correctly) is out of
    > question on some servers but thrives on other servers.
    >
    > There are a lot more other factors to weapon usage:
    > - damage type (various creatures have resistance to some damage types, so
    > does armor)
    > - a balance of damage/speed/efficiency
    > - HAM costs (can be not that important if you use proper buffs)
    > - AP rating (weapon that pierces light armor gives damage bonus against
    > unarmored enemy)
    > - some weapons can be crafted with optional components (for example, a
    > component giving a chance to inflict bleeding without executing a special
    > move)
    >
    > Consider also this: at Master Rifleman, weapon speed does not matter that
    > much - you fire practically as fast as Pistoleer at that point, due to
    > the speed bonuses in Rifleman skill tree. That's going to change after
    > Combat Balance Publish, I think.
    >
    > I'm Pistoleer but I'll give you an example:
    > - my best everyday weapon is Scout Blaster (second pistol box in marksman
    > tree if I remember correctly)
    > - I use FWG5 pistol (heat damage) against creatures that have energy
    > resistance.
    > - on Endor, most creatures are energy resistant, half of the critters are
    > heat resistant. So I have to use DX2 (acid damage, novice pistoleer
    > cert.) against them. But that one has high HAM costs and I'm killing
    > myself that way fast unless I'm buffed. Note that HAM cost is multiplied
    > the same factor as output damage and determined by special move that you
    > execute. DX2 also has light armor penetration rating.
    > - there is a version of FWG5 with special components that bears a name
    > "featherweight FWG5" on our server. It gives bonuses to dodge, melee
    > defence, and some other (don't remember). And costs accordingly ;-) But
    > no such component can be put in DX2 it seems.
    >
    > Talk to you local weaponsmith about all these intricacies.
    >
    > Xael

    And then there is the damage types to be taken into account. Sure you've
    got that great Krayt FWG5 Featherweight with a max damage over 300 but you
    suddenly find yourself fighting something with high heat defence (say 80%+).
    That great weapon now isn't hitting what your fighting and you'll have to
    change. Maybe a DXR6 with acid damage or to a tangle pistol with stun, both
    with substatially lower max damage but because of the creature you're
    fightings defence ratings, they are hitting for more damage.

    Hows that for adding to the confusion? heheh
    Erambacca / Eloise
    Wookiee / Smuggler
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    lol...yikes..well the laser riffle fires fast but doesnt have the punch a
    t21 does but the t21 breaks about one per day..lol..

    so im confused but thats ok..lol.

    i am almost a master riffleman now due to grinding tons of sharnef and
    other big critters giving me 3-6k xp each.

    of course i have a good group of friends that keep me buufed and full of god
    foods to keep me alive..lol.

    but im sloooowly learning...

    thnx for the help guys!

    KROM

    "jibbrish" <jibbrish@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> [...]
    > > defence, and some other (don't remember). And costs accordingly ;-)
    But
    > > no such component can be put in DX2 it seems.
    > >
    > > Talk to you local weaponsmith about all these intricacies.
    > >
    > > Xael
    >

    > And then there is the damage types to be taken into account. Sure you've
    > got that great Krayt FWG5 Featherweight with a max damage over 300 but you
    > suddenly find yourself fighting something with high heat defence (say
    80%+).
    > That great weapon now isn't hitting what your fighting and you'll have to
    > change. Maybe a DXR6 with acid damage or to a tangle pistol with stun,
    both
    > with substatially lower max damage but because of the creature you're
    > fightings defence ratings, they are hitting for more damage.
    >
    > Hows that for adding to the confusion? heheh

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    reads post and takes a bottle of asprin...lol

    thnx for all the info!
    I digested about half..lol

    seriously though its appreciated!

    KROM

    "Alexei Boukirev" <aboukirev@blah.ameritech.net> wrote in message
    > "KROM" <thekromremoveremove@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >
    > > is there a list with breakdowns of what is the best gun for each prof
    > > level?
    > >
    > > stuff like that is confusing me..lol
    > >
    > > it will say im cert for a certain riffle but am told others are better
    > > even though i was cert for them from like day one..youd think the
    > > latest cert would be the best?
    >
    > The reason it's not that simple is because all weapons and armor require
    > sertain resource types. Some require rare resources for certain parts
    > affecting the resulting product specs. There are servers (galaxies)
    > where a particular resource has never spawned at the quality that would
    > make it worth to make a part/weapon that depends on it.
    > That's why a good laser rifle (if I remember correctly) is out of
    > question on some servers but thrives on other servers.
    >
    > There are a lot more other factors to weapon usage:
    > - damage type (various creatures have resistance to some damage types, so
    > does armor)
    > - a balance of damage/speed/efficiency
    > - HAM costs (can be not that important if you use proper buffs)
    > - AP rating (weapon that pierces light armor gives damage bonus against
    > unarmored enemy)
    > - some weapons can be crafted with optional components (for example, a
    > component giving a chance to inflict bleeding without executing a special
    > move)
    >
    > Consider also this: at Master Rifleman, weapon speed does not matter that
    > much - you fire practically as fast as Pistoleer at that point, due to
    > the speed bonuses in Rifleman skill tree. That's going to change after
    > Combat Balance Publish, I think.
    >
    > I'm Pistoleer but I'll give you an example:
    > - my best everyday weapon is Scout Blaster (second pistol box in marksman
    > tree if I remember correctly)
    > - I use FWG5 pistol (heat damage) against creatures that have energy
    > resistance.
    > - on Endor, most creatures are energy resistant, half of the critters are
    > heat resistant. So I have to use DX2 (acid damage, novice pistoleer
    > cert.) against them. But that one has high HAM costs and I'm killing
    > myself that way fast unless I'm buffed. Note that HAM cost is multiplied
    > the same factor as output damage and determined by special move that you
    > execute. DX2 also has light armor penetration rating.
    > - there is a version of FWG5 with special components that bears a name
    > "featherweight FWG5" on our server. It gives bonuses to dodge, melee
    > defence, and some other (don't remember). And costs accordingly ;-) But
    > no such component can be put in DX2 it seems.
    >
    > Talk to you local weaponsmith about all these intricacies.
    >
    > Xael
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "KROM" <thekromremoveremove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > sorry bout this but what is BE?

    BE is a Bio-Engineer. They can make custom pets by combining DNA from
    other pets and critters in the wild, experiment on certain attributes
    and SHAZAM! FrankenPet! There are some really neat things you can do
    (such as the level 63 Durni I made for a friend that was really a freak
    of nature :))

    > still getting used to the SW speak..lol
    >
    > I have a baby vrix im training and he is huge now!
    >
    > Some friends dropped CH and gave me thier pets but must not of did
    somthing
    > because while i own them i cant tame them..unlike the baby vrix i got
    from a
    > master ch i hade full access to it as soon as i got it.
    >
    > So i am grinding away because the critters in my inv. will be great
    > fun!..heh
    >
    > planning on going to dant to get a rancor baby..but thats a ways into
    the
    > future.

    You might not be able to train them because of your level. If they gave
    you a pet that is higher than your ability, you can't use it until you
    get to that level in CH. When you get high enough, you will be able to
    tame and use them.

    Pets are a lot of fun, and it is really easy to get attached to them. I
    still have a CL10 or something bunny that I had since Sept or so... I'm
    never getting rid of her. =)

    - Oalan
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    > whats needed for BE ?
    >
    > medical and ch?
    >
    > KROM

    BE requirements are 0004 in Medic (crafting line) and Hunting in the
    Scout line I believe. You really really really really really want to
    max the explorer line and get some +25 camo/maskscent clothing also.

    - Oalan

Games Video Games