Which Brand better for HD 4850

Thinking of buying Sapphire 512DDR3 HD 4850,but got other brand better then this?TQ^^
23 answers Last reply
More about which brand 4850
  1. The only difference that I have noticed on the reference HD4850 series is the material that the heat sink is made of. The PowerColor doesn't use a high quality copper heat sink while the MSI does. The Saphire appears to have a decent copper heat sink as well. That would be a production cost issue because the cost of copper is so high right now.

Go with the Copper cheap one if you want to keep the reference cooler if not go for the MSI non REference heat sink and FAN or the Toxic Saphire OC 4850 or the new GeCube HD4850 OC.

Or get the cheapest HD4850 available and upgrade to an aftermarket non-reference heat sink and cooler like Zalman VF900 or Zalman VF1000.

I like the Zalman products because of the high quality craftsmanship that I have noticed in the Zalman heat sink I have for my CPU.
  2. Like an Asus HD 4850,when AA open some games cant run(example:Grid)
    Will Sapphire HD 4850 will like that also?
  3. dandy said:
    Like an Asus HD 4850,when AA open some games cant run(example:Grid)
    Will Sapphire HD 4850 will like that also?

Most of the currently available 4850's are still the reference design so there should be very little difference in performance between brands.
  4. The warrenty change between the brand too. Like Diamond got 1 year and visiontech got lifetime (but i heard that it's really hard to do a RMA XD)
  5. So in performance which brands faster and RMA is what?hehe^^
  6. As for the performance: If they got the same specs, they will be equal performance (+-1 fps)

RMA is when you return your pruduct if it's not good. In other word, their costumer service isn't really good.
  7. Ohh!thanks you guys!^^and still got 1 last question to ask u guys,between this 4 brand,which better:(Sapphire,Msi,Asus or Gainward)?which 1 would u guys choose?@@
  8. Asus if its less than 10$ higher than the Sapphire. If more, Sapphire.
  9. thanks man!
  10. You may want to consider this 4850 by HIS digital. Because of the custom heat sink it allows this 4850 to run 20c cooler than the standard ATI Stock cooler that most 4850s are outfitted with. Not only that but it exhausts the heat from the card out of the case keeping the rest of your components cool inside. The cooler is totally silent and is also UV reactive which looks pretty cool if you have a UV cold cathodes in your case.

I would say this one or the MSI one with the Quad Pipe cooling would be the best. I prefer this one because as I said before - It exhausts heat out side of your case.

More pictures here: http://forum.donanimhaber.com/m_25172353/tm.htm

Official Website: http://www.hisdigital.com/html/product_ov.php?id=395&view=yes
  11. all are good it is your choice
  12. BigBurn said:
    Asus if its less than 10$ higher than the Sapphire. If more, Sapphire.
    The reason the ASUS one is so popular is 1.) ASUS is a good company 2.) price 3.) it comes with software that allows you to control the fan speed of the card.

Sapphire makes good stuff too. I have a 1950GT from sapphire that is still running strong after 2 years.
  13. Good!good!so many opinion and suggestion.thanks again every1^^
  14. The thing is dandy is that you want something that runs cool and quiet. Stock coolers on any brand video card Nvidia or ATI do not achieve this.

I bought a x1950GT a few years ago with a stock cooler. BIG REGRET.

In order to achieve silent cooling I had to remove the heatsink fan from my card and install an aftermarket zerotherm cooler.

It is best to buy cards from companies like MSI, HIS or Power color that have aftermarket coolers preinstalled on their cards because it is normally cheaper than buying both a card and a heatsink separately.

Right now I think this is the best deal / product on newegg. Spend the extra $20 for this MSI HD4850 because it has like a $40 to $50 Zalman cooler on it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127370
  15. The MSI look cool!but hear that sapphire will lunch HD 4850 Toxic!which better or the HIS?
  16. Only buy HIS or Visiontek, almost every other company which sells AMD cards has poison service.

If you don't agree with me, so be it, but there are tons of user testimonials that will prove that.

The HIS Ice-Q 4850 looks like an excellent card - it appears to use the 4870 style cooler, which should eliminate most if not all of the heat dispersal issues that the stock 4850 has.
  17. ohh!ok i looking on it!^^TQ HD 4850 i coming for u!
  18. ovaltineplease said:
    Only buy HIS or Visiontek, almost every other company which sells AMD cards has poison service.

If you don't agree with me, so be it, but there are tons of user testimonials that will prove that.
    REALLY? How about this user testimonial on newegg from 8/1/08 for a Visiontek 4870?:
    Quote:
    VisionTek deceptive warranty practices

Pros: Very fast and very cheap. Great card for temporary use since the reliability is questionable.

Cons: My VisionTek card died after a few months. They charged me 10 bucks for warranty and then returned my broken card to me without fixing it. Even worse, they voided my warranty permanently because they declared my packaging unsuitable at their sole discretion even though it had more padding than the original packaging. They refused to test the card for defects and refused to file a claim with the shipping company which means they know it was not damaged in transit and just wanted to void the warranty to avoid a claim.

Other Thoughts: VisionTek kept the warranty fee even though they didn't fix or replace the card. When I called them to ask about their actions I was told that those are their rules and did not care how I felt about them. Their RMA tech told me that they normally void about 5% of all warranty claims.
    I have never bought from Visiontek before but this review really makes me want to steer clear of it.

I have dealt with MSI before and their customer service is beyond excellent. Plus they send out their rebates really fast and don't make you jump through a bunch of hoops.
  19. sapphire's overclocked 4850 with a zalman cooler:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102760

little more expensive, but it's overclocked and it'll be much cooler and quieter.

i just turned the fan speed up manually in the catalyst profile's file and overclocked myself with that card. didn't notice the fan noise while gaming.
  20. YEH!good good many opinion
    My September system is this:Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300/Asus P5Q Pro/OCZ Reaper Kit-Pair 2GB/320GB Sata2/ATI HD 4850/Huntkey Titen 650W/ok?or need any changer^^
  21. looks good.

in a few months you could buy another 4850 and go crossfire, your system will support it.
  22. I checked newegg last night and found out that now MSI is offering a $30 rebate on their 4850 now bringing the net price down to an amazing $162.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127370
  23. Hehe!plaining CF it le(bez didnt CF before)MSI look cool also and cheap..consider consider!YEAH!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HD Sapphire Graphics Product