why aren't many new motherboards compatible with Pentium D cpu?

dragon-gab

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
well i might be getting a new motherboard but i'm really wondering. when i check i usually see these in the compatibility list:
Intel 05A
Intel 05B
Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel Core 2 Extreme, Intel 06, Intel Core 2 Quad, Intel Celeron D 4XX, Intel Pentium Dual Core, Intel Celeron Dual Core

WTF! pentium d is better then celeron d, makes absolutely no sense to me, why would they be compatible with intel celeron d and not pentium d.

runswindows95

Distinguished
Then again, why would you buy a Pentium D with a new motherboard? Even the lowly Pentium E's are faster than most Pentium D's. Plus, the fact the Celeron D 4XX series is still being made, while Intel stopped making Pentium D's.

dragon-gab

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
meh, i already have a Pentium D, just saying, not compatible with i mean come on, the Celeron started before the Pentium D so it could at least be compatible with it, oh well. once i'll actually have the money it's goin into new asus mobo with intel pentium dual core and corsair XMS2 2GB ram. not really that good, mobo is real good, ram is too but only 800MHz, and cpu, well let's put it this way, i'm super low on money, for a q6600 it's an extra 100 compared to the p dual core but still. jsut these 3 parts alone is only like 39 bucks less then howmuch i paid for ram, mobo, psu, cpu, cpu hsf and cpu thermal paste all together. mobo is only cheap ecs pa1 mvp witch is why i plan on changing soon, no problems but not much out of mobo.