College network connection issues

rabidbunny

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Hello,
I am at a university that has a network that is very frustrating. I can't stay connected to the internet long before webpages refuse to load and facebook even freezes. I can't play any online games, since my connection seems to cut out completely. Skype will run ok for about 15 minutes then disconnect.

Here's what I have:
laptop and desktop: both have wireless and wired connections, which both work equally the same.
--using Cisco clean access agent to connect to he network for security reasons--

What I'm wondering:

-Is there any possible way that I can do something on my end to keep a stable connection? I have seen other people playing games online with their game consoles and they don't seem to have a problem.

If there are any questions, I will be more than happy to clarify.

I have put up with this horrible lagtastic connection for a few months now until it has driven me crazy!!!

HELP!!!

rabidbunny

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Yes, both of my computers are up to date on anti virus and anti spyware updates. I run spyware scans once a week with two different programs.

I think I will have to talk to someone in IT because even programs like Skype do not work well.