Zotac Geforce GTS 250

nkhlgeorge

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Hey i am quiet a rookie at over clocking, how can i overclock my graphics card-GTS 250.

is there any step by step tutorial?

will it have a difference on the visuals of a game??.

thnx in advance

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
I have an XFX GTS 250. It's already an overclocked 9800GT. The most you'll get is an extra 2 or 3 percent in terms of bumping up the GPU core/shader/memory and the gain is not noticeable.

nkhlgeorge

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
so theres no point in over clocking it?? Also wanted to know whether it will run Crysis war head, COD 5,4 at high resolutions?
( havent asssembled the rig yet, so i don't know)

nkhlgeorge

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009

so theres no point in over clocking it?? Also wanted to know whether it will run Crysis war head, COD 5,4 at high resolutions?
( havent asssembled the rig yet, so i don't know)

The GTS 250 is a revised version of the 9800GTX+ , not the 9800GT.....

So just to correct what you said, since there is a significant difference in speed and power consumption....

The GTS can be overclocked to around 800/1207 <--------------- My GTS 250 (1GB)

Just download Ntune if you want to overclock your card, don't expect anything major and if you try overclocking past the above frequencies you will lock up the card or get a nice BSOD........

As far as high resolutions, with the 250 you can max out CoD 4 and 5 and still have high FPS... With Warhead you can max out the resolution and play with all your settings set to Enthusiast and still get decent frames but once you start raising the AA it will lower your frames quite a bit.....