blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Not sure if this is the right board for this, but I have a computer that is about 1.5 years old and I want to change cases for another one, becuase it is bigger, better ventilated and I just like it more. Is it a good idea to do this, is the motherboard extremely fragile at this age or can parts be damaged easily or do you think it will be okay? Advice would be apprieciated

beerzombie

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
1.5 years isn't really that old (yes yes, a computer is old the second it leaves the shelf, whatever); your motherboard should have no problems moving, and as long as you take your time and don't rush yourself I don't foresee having any problems. Just be sure that you don't push the MB against any metal at the back of the case, and that you don't strip any of the screws holding the motherboard (I had a screw in my motherboard that was at a slight angle, and attempting to move it caused the motherboard to sheer the screw right off).

Again, just take your time doing it, there are no fundamental showstoppers.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Yeah and plus my dad is the one who I am going to ask to do it and he is expert at computer and hardware and he has been doing it for like 15 years so he should be good at this, I just wanted some other opinions, becuase he wasn't really sure about it, he said the it can be a little risky.