Cheapest EATX case ?

Story

i was browsing ebay only to find 4 xeon cpus (2.8Ghz) for less then £10 so i bid and won(£12). i then set about finding a EATX motherboard with 2 603/604 sockets, having found one i then looked for a case and was shock at the price's.

Question

Does anyone know where to get EATX case's cheaper then £42 ive tried ebuyer and ebay, i dont care what it looks like as long as it can fit a 12"x13" mobo (EATX) then im find with it ?

Thanks In Advance
7 answers Last reply
More about cheapest eatx case
  1. I've had an eatx motherboard inside of an Enlight 7250, but was unable to use 3 of the 4 5.25 bays for DVD drives due to motherboard component interference. What you are looking for is not hard to find, but most mid-tower atx cases do not readily claim eatx fit because of minor fitment issues. If you have a local scratch and dent computer shop, go pop a couple of side panels and see what will work.
  2. im having problems finding these, ive googled and cant find a UK retailer selling them ? ive tried

ebuyer
    ebay
    amazon
    mircodirect

Are you sure of the code ? 7250 ?
  3. i think many case support EATX, just dont state it.

to be honest, if you are going to put multiple netburst process, into a single box, i wouldn't cheap on the box.

my best advice to you is to pick up a second hand Stacker, not a 832 or anything, and use that, becasue those chips are gonna generate serious heat.

dont forget a decent PSU 500w+ and i mean decent, not roswill. and i think the board will require 8 pin CPU power, corsair have this built in as standard right down to their VX line
  4. dobby said:
    i think many case support EATX, just dont state it.

to be honest, if you are going to put multiple netburst process, into a single box, i wouldn't cheap on the box.

my best advice to you is to pick up a second hand Stacker, not a 832 or anything, and use that, becasue those chips are gonna generate serious heat.

dont forget a decent PSU 500w+ and i mean decent, not roswill. and i think the board will require 8 pin CPU power, corsair have this built in as standard right down to their VX line

ive worked out that i'll need a 274watt so 300-400watt would be fine, the point of it is to just convert video until it dies. its going into my garage heat wont be a problem lol.

its really just a mess about, thats why i dont want to pay alot for a case plus im a student cant afford 50+
  5. 7250 is part of the Enlight name of the model:

ENlight EN-7250 Mid Tower

I remember cases that I put together (CM 590), the MB plate has holes for other types of MB, which I believe it only has a compatibility for mATX, and ATX.

This case for example:

Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

If you look at the spec's, it does specify:

Motherboard Compatibility MicroATX, ATX, Extend ATX, BTX Upgrade Kits (option)

Edit:

Although I didn't see any info on the Enlight 7250, to where it specifies what MB compatibility it has.
  6. Grimmy said:
    7250 is part of the Enlight name of the model:

ENlight EN-7250 Mid Tower

I remember cases that I put together (CM 590), the MB plate has holes for other types of MB, which I believe it only has a compatibility for mATX, and ATX.

This case for example:

Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

If you look at the spec's, it does specify:

Motherboard Compatibility MicroATX, ATX, Extend ATX, BTX Upgrade Kits (option)

Yes ive been looking at the Thermaltake Armor, but at £100 its abit over budget
  7. No.. I was using that as an example. To look at the spec's for MB Compatibility. So not all ATX cases mid cases for example, my CM 590 will not fit an eATX MB.

COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 RC-590-KKN1-GP Black SECC / ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Motherboard Compatibility ATX, Micro-ATX

Just an example of what ATX case will not use an eATX.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Ebay Components Product