Sign in with
Your question

Cheapest EATX case ?

Last response: in Components
September 12, 2008 8:37:47 PM

Story

i was browsing ebay only to find 4 xeon cpus (2.8Ghz) for less then £10 so i bid and won(£12). i then set about finding a EATX motherboard with 2 603/604 sockets, having found one i then looked for a case and was shock at the price's.

Question

Does anyone know where to get EATX case's cheaper then £42 ive tried ebuyer and ebay, i dont care what it looks like as long as it can fit a 12"x13" mobo (EATX) then im find with it ?

Thanks In Advance

More about : cheapest eatx case

September 12, 2008 9:21:45 PM

I've had an eatx motherboard inside of an Enlight 7250, but was unable to use 3 of the 4 5.25 bays for DVD drives due to motherboard component interference. What you are looking for is not hard to find, but most mid-tower atx cases do not readily claim eatx fit because of minor fitment issues. If you have a local scratch and dent computer shop, go pop a couple of side panels and see what will work.
September 13, 2008 11:10:23 AM

im having problems finding these, ive googled and cant find a UK retailer selling them ? ive tried

• ebuyer
  • ebay
  • amazon
  • mircodirect

Are you sure of the code ? 7250 ?
    Related resources
    September 13, 2008 11:31:44 AM

i think many case support EATX, just dont state it.

to be honest, if you are going to put multiple netburst process, into a single box, i wouldn't cheap on the box.

my best advice to you is to pick up a second hand Stacker, not a 832 or anything, and use that, becasue those chips are gonna generate serious heat.

dont forget a decent PSU 500w+ and i mean decent, not roswill. and i think the board will require 8 pin CPU power, corsair have this built in as standard right down to their VX line
    September 13, 2008 11:39:59 AM

dobby said:
    i think many case support EATX, just dont state it.

to be honest, if you are going to put multiple netburst process, into a single box, i wouldn't cheap on the box.

my best advice to you is to pick up a second hand Stacker, not a 832 or anything, and use that, becasue those chips are gonna generate serious heat.

dont forget a decent PSU 500w+ and i mean decent, not roswill. and i think the board will require 8 pin CPU power, corsair have this built in as standard right down to their VX line

ive worked out that i'll need a 274watt so 300-400watt would be fine, the point of it is to just convert video until it dies. its going into my garage heat wont be a problem lol.

its really just a mess about, thats why i dont want to pay alot for a case plus im a student cant afford 50+
    September 13, 2008 11:46:06 AM

7250 is part of the Enlight name of the model:

ENlight EN-7250 Mid Tower

I remember cases that I put together (CM 590), the MB plate has holes for other types of MB, which I believe it only has a compatibility for mATX, and ATX.

This case for example:

Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

If you look at the spec's, it does specify:

Motherboard Compatibility MicroATX, ATX, Extend ATX, BTX Upgrade Kits (option)

Edit:

Although I didn't see any info on the Enlight 7250, to where it specifies what MB compatibility it has.
    September 13, 2008 11:49:23 AM

Grimmy said:
    7250 is part of the Enlight name of the model:

ENlight EN-7250 Mid Tower

I remember cases that I put together (CM 590), the MB plate has holes for other types of MB, which I believe it only has a compatibility for mATX, and ATX.

This case for example:

Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

If you look at the spec's, it does specify:

Motherboard Compatibility MicroATX, ATX, Extend ATX, BTX Upgrade Kits (option)

Yes ive been looking at the Thermaltake Armor, but at £100 its abit over budget
    !