Windows Media Player download

Some wmv files do not run properly-- discoloration and jerky and intermittent
flow. In order to reinstall Windows Media Plyaer10, is there anything to do
before downloading a "new one"? Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about windows media player download

    Go to Start > Run and in the Run box copy, then paste, the following:
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\setup_wm.exe"
    Then hit the Enter key to reinstall Windows Media Player.

    Visit the "Official" Windows Media Player Newsgroup:

    Windows Media Player FAQ
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/faq.aspx

    Windows Media Player: WMP mini FAQ (Excellent Site!)
    http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html

    Windows Media Player Support Center
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];wmp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Breadstick" wrote:

    | Some wmv files do not run properly-- discoloration and jerky and intermittent
    | flow. In order to reinstall Windows Media Plyaer10, is there anything to do
    | before downloading a "new one"? Thanks

    Hi- Thanks for your help.. I am off and running again.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Go to Start > Run and in the Run box copy, then paste, the following:
    > "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\setup_wm.exe"
    > Then hit the Enter key to reinstall Windows Media Player.
    >
    > Visit the "Official" Windows Media Player Newsgroup:
    >
    > Windows Media Player FAQ
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/faq.aspx
    >
    > Windows Media Player: WMP mini FAQ (Excellent Site!)
    > http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html
    >
    > Windows Media Player Support Center
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];wmp
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Breadstick" wrote:
    >
    > | Some wmv files do not run properly-- discoloration and jerky and intermittent
    > | flow. In order to reinstall Windows Media Plyaer10, is there anything to do
    > | before downloading a "new one"? Thanks

Download Microsoft Media Player Windows XP