Overclocking Old Computer

dynamicchuck

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
I've been using this old emachine t2792 (specs found here: http://www.shopping.com/xPF-E-Machines-Desktop-with-Intel-Celeron-Processor-2-7GHz-T2792) with a "3d Intel Extreme Graphics AGP" graphics card to play Warcraft III The Frozen Throne.

I have all the video settings as low as possible and never run any other programs while gaming. I also restart every 2-3 games. Problematically, I still lag through most team battles and it's keeping me from doing well in the games.

I was wondering if there was a way to tweak or overclock my computer in order to make the big fights a little smoother!

Any help would be appreciated.

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
Sorry but it's almost impossible to overclock a store-bought PC...or more appropriately brand name PC like Dell, emachines, or HP...
Overclocking a computer like this would be pretty hard and you would have to use software overclocking utilities. And after all that it would be small and insignificant.

First of all don't be surprised that you can't game well on this PC, It has like the worst graphics card available! And the CPU isn't really nice. Celerons are not good in general and especially for overclocking.
What you need is to build a new PC with a nice enough graphics card and a nice CPU...
I would not recommend even trying to overclock that computer. I would recommend building a new one, then you can consider small overclocks...

And if you don't know how to build and where to start, I can help you out here...and I'm sure my friends on this forum will be willing and glad to help you on this... :)

dynamicchuck

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009

So essentially, the only way to get the little boost in performance I need would be to upgrade the components or scrap it and get a whole new rig?