Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Defragmentation of remote volumes

Last response: in Storage
November 26, 2009 12:33:52 PM

why can`t defrag other hard disk on the network with remote disk top (mmc) when i do this show me a message (This version of Disk Defragmenter does not support the defragmentation of remote volumes. ) what can i do. please some tell me how to solve this problem
a b G Storage
November 26, 2009 6:22:26 PM

Connect across remote desktop and use the disk defrag.
m
l
November 27, 2009 7:15:17 PM

i am already connected across remote desktop put it show me a message (This version of Disk Defragmenter does not support the defragmentation of remote volumes)
m
l
Related resources
November 28, 2009 7:55:20 PM

yep iam using disk defrag of windws xp& windows2003 server i want defrag the desks on the network py both put this silly message stop me(This version of Disk Defragmenter does not support the defragmentation of remote volumes)
need help......
m
l
a b G Storage
November 28, 2009 8:06:14 PM

^How i said up, use this too defrag tools, are independent software but are really good.
m
l

Best solution

November 30, 2009 4:24:30 PM

The built-in XP/2003 defragger is a watered down version of an old Diskeeper release, so it's bound to lack advanced features such as remote defragmentation. You'll need to check out the full versions (currently the 2010 edition) for such features. There are usually fully functional time-limited free trial versions at the Diskeeper site, so download it and try to defrag your systems with those.
!