A little help with ringtones

All this chatter about ringtones a couple of weeks ago got my interest. I
have a V551, Blue tooth headset and BT gizmo for my PC AND it all works! I
can transfer address book entries, images and John's ringtones from my PC to
my handset. Now, I visit a site that offers ringtones OTA. I select which
one I want and it instructs me to send a text message (containing a 4 digit
number) to a site. I then get a message back (SMS, I guess) that looks like
it contains my ringtone. Now what?

Thanks for the help.

spectrum

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2004

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 09:12:04 -0500, "Joe Fabeitz" <jf@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>All this chatter about ringtones a couple of weeks ago got my interest. I
>have a V551, Blue tooth headset and BT gizmo for my PC AND it all works! I
>can transfer address book entries, images and John's ringtones from my PC to
>my handset. Now, I visit a site that offers ringtones OTA. I select which
>one I want and it instructs me to send a text message (containing a 4 digit
>number) to a site. I then get a message back (SMS, I guess) that looks like
>it contains my ringtone. Now what?
>
>Thanks for the help.

As a side note, when I first got my V551 I bought a couple of
ringtones then went to 3Gupload.com. They have a plan for $9.99 to d/l
unlimited tones and graphics for a year. I figured that in a year I'd
have all I ever wanted anyhow.

John