Sign in with
Your question

An issue with my cable connection(drivers?)

Tags:
  • Connection
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
February 17, 2009 2:35:32 PM

There was an issue with my PC (it would freeze when logging in) that forced me to completely reinstall windows. however, now i cannot connect to the internet, i dont know why. My PC tells me that my network adapter is not working. Device manager displays a error symbol (the yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on it) on three things. Under the category network adapters, it has an error for the realtek ethernet. Under another category called other devices, there is an error msg for my SM Bus controller and an unknown device. Does anyone know what to do?

More about : issue cable connection drivers

February 17, 2009 9:58:23 PM

Good day!

It means that device drivers are not installed.You might be needing your pc's start up cd .
February 17, 2009 11:21:55 PM

i dk if i have one. This PC is made of many different parts from different companies. All i have is the windows vista installer cd.
Related resources
February 18, 2009 12:09:29 AM

That's the problem,we don't know if it contain the drivers.Better call your pc manufacturer.
February 18, 2009 3:02:51 PM

You need to find out what model motherboard you have. It is written on the board someplace. Find that model number and then go to the manufacturers website and download the drivers for it.

and so some smarta$$ doesn't mention it you will obviously have to use a different computer to do the download. :D 
February 18, 2009 3:15:37 PM

Any updates?
!