Hi, I've had my computer and Windows XP for almost two years now. I've been
using pictures from My Pictures as my desktop background for as long as I've
had this computer. I was trying to change my desktop background, and when I
selected a picture from My Pictures to use, all I got was a background color.
I can't seem to change the background at all. What can I do?

I went to another user id and changed the background. Then I went back to my
screen and the background picture was there. I don't know why, but it's
working now.