dvd player

zemuron

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2003
Hi,

I'm trying to watch a dvd movie on a dvd player in windows media player. It won't work it says:

"Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer."

I have a dvd player for my computer. But the computer was brought at the store to get fixed not to long ago. Maybe these guys didn't hook up the dvd player. Would that be possible?

In "my computer" it says:

DEJA_VU_US_16X9

(D:)

You can try uninstalling media player from add/remove programs in Control Panel and download and install Media Player 11 if you use XP.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/AllDownloads.aspx?displang=en&qstechnology=

DEJA_VU_US_16X9

Gang grafitti?

Well Media player needs a DVD codec in order to play copy protected movies. If you got any kind of DVD software with your video card then install it and it shoud be fine. I do belive though that if you install Media Player 11 it should come with the codec.

zemuron

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2003
I could not find media player in add remove programs. I wient ahead and downloaded window mediaplayer 11, installed it. I tried to view the movie the same message appears. I checked the cd that came with the graphic card and windows media player 11 is not on it. I tryed another movie, same message appears.

DEJA VU is an action movie with Denzel Washindton. They are trying to recover evidence from an explosion.

zemuron

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2003
I'm not kidding, this message appears. I want to watch a movie and it doesn't work.

please help me, I am not an expert in computers and I would like to learn.

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
I think the guy who mentioned a dvd codec is on the money. If you got any software with your dvd player, install that. It should have the codec, or the piece of software that will allow windows to play copyrighted movies. If not, maybe someone here will know a place to get that pretty cheap.

TRENDING THREADS