• Cooler Master 690 RC

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • other?

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

devils-haven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
its time i upgraded everything exept my case which i have since my p4 7 years ago, i want somthing for up to 100$ and alot of space, noise is not a big issue cooling is(to a point, don't need a jet)

specs
q6600 at 3.4ghz
ocz 2X2gb 800
BFG 8800GTS (large dual slot)
2xHD's
1Xdvd
PSU Eneramax liberty 500W

my top 2 choices below, if u have any more suggestions tell me
right now i am leaning a little towords the Cooler Master 690 RC as on the review it looked likes its longer and has more space

the antec has better cooling but don't think its as large

edit

with window i can get the nvidia edition
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=019019&cid=CS.664

Two great choices. I have the Antec 900 setup for many months with the Q6600 and 8800GTS 640 currently. That setup is a bit cramped. And I have examined the CM 690 first hand. I prefer a side window to show off what I have. Sometimes to 'remember' what I have in there without having to pull the side panel off :lol: The Antec 900 provides excellent system cooling. I have it in my 'Vegas' room because it lights up like a slot machine :eek: The CM 690 with the add on side panel w/acrylic window is a possibility.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999177

When you get to be near my age and develop the intelligence that comes with it :lol: , you learn to protect your investment. I refuse to move my system to a smaller case than my TT Mozart TX. No burglar in his right mind would try and lift my system out the door and into the back seat of a compact. I could leave my fake Rolex laying around on the desk and get a CM 690 with acrylic window side panel? See. I have gotten smarter since I started this post. :D :ouch:

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/mozart_tx/MozartTX.htm

closed_deal

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Agree with geofelt, unless you require the extra cooling via Antec 900 (can be noisey, turned me to water...) i'd agree that the Antec 300 should serve your purpose just fine. Plus it looks pretty good aswell without dust on your components (another Antec 900 irritant).

Unless you are using all of your HDD slots a doubt you'll need much bigger.

devils-haven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
the 8800 cards they used in the review have power connectors on the side, mine is at the back so it would be a realy realy tight fit. also prefer tooles setup

The 8800GTS is 9" long(I have one), the GTX280 types of cards are 10.5" long. Fit is not a problem.
As to toolless, how often do you need to take things apart, and how hard is it to use a screwdriver?

If you decide you don't like it for the $39, you can use save it for another low expense build and find something better to house your system. I have an EVGA 7900GTO in one of mine mine currently. I'm taking that out tonight and installing my Radeon 1800xt for now. No problem with fit.