Anybody overclocked the 550 be to 4 ghz

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
just wondering if anybody got the amd phenom 2 x2 550 black edition to 4ghz running stable if so what voltage, multiplier and fsb settings you got on. Also what are the temps of it and what cpu cooler you using. im thinking on overclocking mine to 4ghz its currently at 3.5ghz and on load the temp is 54, using stock cooler. Gonna pick up a aftermarket one prolly the core contact freezer sounds like its a good one and give it a shot.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
hmmm ok and i just got back from micro center and i got the titan ttc nk85tz for 43 buck with tax. I have also seen that its rated number 1 on frosty tech so i went for it. Normaly its would of been 55 so good thing i got it, didint even know it was on sale until i got to the cash register it sure made my day. And i also looked at the mugen 2 which was 45 with out tax and the hdt s1283 which was 43 with out tax.

I think it should be a good cooler, What do u think bout the titan its almost like the core contact freezer.

I hit 3.945Ghz for about 5 min and crashed.. @ 3.904Ghz it is stable for about an hour (playing CoD4) and then it crashes again.... So ATM my most stable clock is 3.855Ghz @ 1.45v (52c load) ambient @ 30c / (46c load) ambient @ 26c......

All of these tests were done with an AC Freezer Pro 64, so with a better cooler(120mm) I should get lower temps.....

With an SB750 I can get past 4Ghz.......Soon....Screenies comming soon.....

A few pics :

untitled943.jpg
[/img]

untitled378.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

@ 3.6Ghz it doesn't even break a sweat :

untitled.jpg
[/img]

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
well wit my titan i get 21-24 idle and 31 load. dont know my room temp but its the same as always. and if i would want to hit 4ghz i would have to put my voltage up alot right? Now is it bad to have high voltage or is it fine if the cooler can keep the cpu cool.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
yes but my store had titan and was number 1 on frosty tech so i decided to go for it and it was on salw. And now im using the titan cooler. Now by how much should i increase my voltage cuz at 1.35 the max i can get to is 3.6ghz running stable . I ran prime 95 blend test for 1 hour and no problems. Will run it again tomorrow for longer to make sure. And will slowly go up.

dkev

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009

I have mine oc'd to 3.8 on default voltage of 1.32 . Not sure why yours requires so much more voltage.

3.8 at default voltage? Never seen that but if you say so......

Here is a pic of my most stable overclock :

40Ghz.jpg

Well when you have your CPU volts on AUTO, that does not mean that it will stay constantly at 1.300/1.325v.... As they will fluctuate between those numbers @ 3.1Ghz, once you raise the CPU multiplier and North-Bridge volts the CPU volts will increase as well... That's why it is called AUTO...