Sign in with
Your question

I NEED ASISTANCE

Last response: in Components
September 14, 2008 3:59:03 AM

HI, I NEED ASISTANCE, I WANT TO CHANGE MY VIDEO CARD AND I´VE CHOOSEN THE EVGA GEFORCE 9800 GT, THE QUESTION IS,MY CPU IT WILL RUNING IF I HAVE A Q6600 CPU AND 4 GB KINGSTON HYPER-X AT 800 mhz?

More about : asistance

a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
September 14, 2008 8:53:50 AM

Your question is what?

Notice: If you type in all caps again I will not respond.
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2008 9:47:52 AM

Agreed....all caps is very annoying. I don't understand the question either.
Related resources
September 14, 2008 10:54:11 AM

It seems to me that he's not a native speaker of English. Perhaps he's asking if his CPU and memory are good for a 9800GT. He won't face any CPU limitations. He'll be fine.

What I wonder is does he have enough amps on the 12 volt rail with his power supply? If he built it himself, did he chose a good PSU? If he had it built for him at a small shop, they probably installed a good PSU. If it's a name brand from a big box store, the manufacturer might have cut corners on the PSU. That's the real question that I believe he needs to ask.

Escoto, to find the amps on the 12 volt rail, you have to look on the sticker on the actual PSU, unless you know the model and then look it up at their website.

Anyone remember the actual formula? 18 amps max on each of a 3 rail is common nowadays. That's not the average output according to the formula, but it would still provide enough for a 9800gt.

Here is an example from the Antec Neo 550 specs at Newegg:

Quote:

+3.3V@24A, +5V@20A, +12V1@18A, +12V2@18A, +12V3@18A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@2.5A

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

From EVGA's website specs for the 9800gt:

Quote:

Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 26 Amp Amps.)
Minimum 450 Watt for SLI mode system.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 28 Amp Amps.)

Hope he can follow the answers we give.
September 14, 2008 10:57:39 AM

I think he means, will it all work together, so:

YES IT WILL ALL WORK TOGETHER, THOUGH YOU MAY HAVE TO BUY A NEW KEYBOAD, IT APPEARS YOURS IS BROKEN. CAPS LOCK IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THAT GPU :-)
September 14, 2008 11:04:12 AM

rtfm said:
I think he means, will it all work together, so:

YES IT WILL ALL WORK TOGETHER, THOUGH YOU MAY HAVE TO BUY A NEW KEYBOAD, IT APPEARS YOURS IS BROKEN. CAPS LOCK IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THAT GPU :-)

:lol:  Can't we cut a new poster some slack on the all caps thing? It's probably universal in any language to not use all caps but you never know.

He should still make sure his PSU's good enough though.
September 14, 2008 12:04:25 PM

I didn't think I was too harsh :D 

Agreed about the psu
September 14, 2008 10:44:33 PM

You're having a bad few days aren't you?
!