DVD Drive LG GSA H55N

michael775

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I have an LG GSA H55N works good but with one enoying problem it wont read or Play commercial Made DVD movies ? stumped tryed evrything Uninstall from device manager & reinstalled it I have also looked for a bios setting whitch was usles hell even updated the firmware to 1.6 the latest one out it reads & writs dvd software and cd software fine just wont play commercial store bought DVDs any Ideas ?

it worked with vista Last month befor I got Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit after that software upgrade no more playing DVDs on it. I also tested it on my moms Computer & the dam thing didnt have a problem it does it all on her ComQrap machien I bought this cheap as an OEM product and I cant return it to the store I got it from Tried that all reddy they wont take it back or exchage I didnt buy a in store warranty with it I am out of Ideas. I am at the point of just buying a new one & Toms hardware is its last chance

G

Have a look at the region code setting -- may be under Properties ? Then change that to the region your DVDs are meant for.

Damned Hollywood !

michael775

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Set to Region 1 & I live in Canada so that Normal and it plays Movies in other computers Like my moms ComQrap Presario Im going to Get a Blue Ray drive on my next pay if it works in her computer then she can have it Thank Im just curious to why it does not work in my Computer

michael775

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Well I got 5 changes on the region so I'm going to change it to 3 restart the computer and change it back to 1 & restart the computer again and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks your last reply inspired this experiment ill report back if it woks it seams Im not the only person to experiance this I found anoth person on google with the same problem.