Sign in with
Your question

Connecting the front panel wires to the motherboard..

Last response: in Components
September 14, 2008 7:28:06 PM

Since I'll be building my first PC in a few days I decided to take apart and put back togather my old PC. I did all of this just fine, but am having problems trying to figure out how to properly connect these three wires. They are labeled on the black tip: Power SN, Power LCD, and HD LCD. there are about 8 pins in a row, 6 pins clustered together and the other two separated by two blank spots for pins, and a little ways above this row of pins are 2 more pins. The first time I connected all 3 cables on the row and it wouldn't start, so I connected the power LCD cable in the 2 pins that are slightly above the row of pins and it started but would not let me pass the screen asking me if I wanted to start in safe mode or not. When I select safe mode for example it shows it loading 6 files from the WINDOWS folder and just freezes.
September 14, 2008 9:58:38 PM

New MB will should have a detaled diagram illustrating proper front panel connections. Attach the front panel leads to the MB header before you bolt down the MB down into the case.
September 15, 2008 12:20:54 AM

Thanks a lot. The PC is an emachines T1150 and I haven't found any manuals online detailing the motherboard.
!