windows sizing problem

August 25, 2005 9:36:18 PM

I have just installed quickbooks pro on my computer. This is not the first
time I have installed this program on a computer, but it is the first time I
have had this problem:

When I open the program, the window maximizes and when I click on the
windows button to change the size of the window it doesn't work at all. I
cannot get ahold of the edges of the window to drag them to a smaller size.
How can I get this window to display in a size smaller than maximized?

More about : windows sizing problem

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 12:29:18 AM

Right click the quickbook pros in the long bar (same horizontal bar that
has Start button..) and click "restore". Then see if you can get a hold
of the edges of the window.

--
Heritage
Heritage's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=4257

f wrote:
> I have just installed quickbooks pro on my computer. This is not the first
> time I have installed this program on a computer, but it is the first time I
> have had this problem:
>
> When I open the program, the window maximizes and when I click on the
> windows button to change the size of the window it doesn't work at all. I
> cannot get ahold of the edges of the window to drag them to a smaller size.
> How can I get this window to display in a size smaller than maximized?

If you cant access the edges of a window you can hold the ALT key while
you press the space bar to get the move/resize menu. You can then use
the arrow keys to move the highlight, press ENTER to select the function
and then use the arrow keys to move or resize the window. Press ENTER
again to finish. This is a standard Windows function that should work on
most resizeable windows.

Also note that dragging to resize the window isn't limited to the lower
right corner of the window, or even the right and lower edges. You can
resize by draging the upper edge of the title bar too.
!