pixel warranty

grantyboy

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
WHO HATES HANNS-G ???? I have just bought the new Hanns-g HG281D 28'' monitor..on the screen was a big bright red pixel. I bought it from misco who I called and they told me to speak to the manufacturer, but I made them guarentee it would not invalidate their responsability as the seller. Anyway, in USA they have a 5 dead pixel policy, but here in the UK they say it needs to have 10 dead pixels.......10!! are you kidding? Have you ever seen a monitor with 10 dead pixels?

Anyway to the question; is there anyway to fix the big red spot?? and does anyone want to pressure HANNS-G to give a decent pixel warranty.

Well sometimes you get what you pay for. Companies like Hanns-G keep costs low by providing short warranties (1 year) and crappy return policies.

Try using the following program that quickly changes colors on the screen. It's possible it may "revive" your dead pixels. You got nothing to loose.

http://udpix.free.fr/

grantyboy

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
Thanks jaguarskx.
The warranty for this model is 3 years, which is not too shabby. You are right though there have been corners cut with mind to the after service. The build is surprisingly good and it is a nice glossy case. But its the screen that is the issue...oh god yes!!
Anyway thanks for the link I will try that and get back to you.

Quote of the day: ' We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the Abyss'

grant

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
i've read about some diagnostic software that stresses your monitor... and supposedly will fix 'dead' or stuck pixels by cycling all pixels around over and over or something...