Your question

Cant install 9600gt drivers/weird errors with RAM

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Drivers
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 8, 2008 1:41:16 AM

So I have Vista Ultimate on my computer and had onboard graphics for a while. No problems at all, it ran flawless.

I bought a PNY Verto 512mb 9600GT Video Card and lots of things went wrong.

After I installed the card these things happen

1.Sleep option is greyed out, no sleep option in power options.
2. Cant install video card drivers, says no supported device found - both from cd drives and beta/released drivers online.
3. Under device manager - Display Adapter menu is now gone, and under System Devices - PCI Express Standard Root Port has a "!". Turns out there is a Code 12 - This device cannot find enough free resources for it to use.

But im running the monitor off the video card and it works fine. Ive reinstalled the OS and reset CMOS but still nothing.
With 2GB of RAM the video card is detected and all the drivers install fine, but once I put in another 2GB stick it cant findit and the above errors happen.Does anybody have any ideas?

E8400 CPU
ECS 7050VT-M Mobo
4GB RAM
Vista Ultimate OS
500GB Western Digital HD
PNY Verto 9600GT 512MB Video Card

More about : install 9600gt drivers weird errors ram

December 6, 2008 4:53:40 PM

I'm having the same exact problem with the same exact card. I have on clue how to fix it and i've been looking for days for a fix online. No one seems to be helping.
a c 199 U Graphics card
December 6, 2008 5:44:10 PM

Are you using the 32 or 64 bit version of Vista?
It sounds as if you`re using the 32 bit version and it is running out of address space with the 4Gb of memory installed.
Related resources
January 14, 2009 8:12:50 PM

coozie7 said:
Are you using the 32 or 64 bit version of Vista?
It sounds as if you`re using the 32 bit version and it is running out of address space with the 4Gb of memory installed.

Got the same problem on Win XP SP3 32 bit and Vista Enterprise 64 bit
SISoftware sees him on de PCI-E adapter but does not see it as display card. De card functions in that way that he gis a display but XP Vista or games does no recognice him.

ECS Geforce 9600 GT 512 MB on ECS 7100/7050PVT-M3 mobo
June 6, 2009 11:18:35 AM

I too am having the exact same problem with the card...I've even tried to RMA the card and got it sent back saying there's nothing wrong with it...the guy at Novatech even called me to say he was playing Crysis on the card perfectly fine :S

What I can tell you is that I'm running an e8600 on the EVGA 780i ftw board with the xfx 9600gt. I've noticed it never really installs the drivers before hand but now I've got a new error message at boot when I log in stating it cannot find nvdcpl.dll and that it's missing? Anyway my rig is showing the same issues as yours...and seeming as no one else can help I guess we'll have to help each other? I did try the card in a 580i AMD system I had but again I think it had issues, I will try and set that rig up this weekend and let you guys know what's happening
!