Sign in with
Your question
Solved

System Reserve Partition - Can I take it back?

Last response: in Storage
November 29, 2009 1:44:30 PM

I currently have O&O disc image pro. I want to use it to make images of my C: - And put the image in the space currently allocated for system reserve. I think O&O will do a better job than system restore in Windows.

I know a little about disc manage tools in Windows. How do I take back the reserve space and assign a drive letter without creating lots of issues?
a b G Storage
November 30, 2009 1:30:58 PM

Isn't recomended, the system reserved partition not only save the system restore of windows, also have the MBR and another files for the startup system.
m
l
December 1, 2009 4:19:43 PM

After using O&O to check the contents, you are right. There are also a lot of MTF files. Can I use Disk Management to create another partition to accomodate a disc image - Without buggering up my OS?
This way, I can just format the OS portion and use the partitioned part to drop the image back in.
Thanks
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
December 1, 2009 5:58:12 PM

Yes, a special partition for the image is a good option. Just make you sure that this partition have enough space.
m
l

Best solution

December 1, 2009 6:15:32 PM

Just shrink your current volume in disk manager.
a b G Storage
December 6, 2009 11:56:59 PM

pathasse said:
Just shrink your current volume in disk manager.

Only possible if you're on Vista or Windows 7. For earlier versions you'll need a third-party partition editor like GPartEd.
m
l
December 8, 2009 2:01:14 AM

r_manic said:
Only possible if you're on Vista or Windows 7. For earlier versions you'll need a third-party partition editor like GPartEd.

I know, but it is the best way if you do.
m
l
!