Solved

System Reserve Partition - Can I take it back?

I currently have O&O disc image pro. I want to use it to make images of my C: - And put the image in the space currently allocated for system reserve. I think O&O will do a better job than system restore in Windows.

I know a little about disc manage tools in Windows. How do I take back the reserve space and assign a drive letter without creating lots of issues?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about system reserve partition back
  1. Isn't recomended, the system reserved partition not only save the system restore of windows, also have the MBR and another files for the startup system.
  2. After using O&O to check the contents, you are right. There are also a lot of MTF files. Can I use Disk Management to create another partition to accomodate a disc image - Without buggering up my OS?
    This way, I can just format the OS portion and use the partitioned part to drop the image back in.
    Thanks
  3. Yes, a special partition for the image is a good option. Just make you sure that this partition have enough space.
  4. Best answer
    Just shrink your current volume in disk manager.
  5. pathasse said:
    Just shrink your current volume in disk manager.

Only possible if you're on Vista or Windows 7. For earlier versions you'll need a third-party partition editor like GPartEd.
  6. r_manic said:
    Only possible if you're on Vista or Windows 7. For earlier versions you'll need a third-party partition editor like GPartEd.

I know, but it is the best way if you do.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Partition System Restore Storage