Two Graphics Questions

DarkDwarf

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
Hey everyone,

I just built a new computer with three graphics cards in it. 2x Radeon HD 4870 and 1x Radeon 9280 (0r 9250... 92XX generation). The 92XX card is older and I have had it for some time. I plan to use dual monitors while gaming, so that I can run Crossfire while playing Crysis for example and look at a walkthrough or have my gmail open on the other monitor. I planned to use the bad GFX card for this.

However, when I actually install the GFX card, the computer will boot, but will not display anything on the screen. How can I make this work?

Second question: crossfire. How do I know it is enabled and working? I know the "Enable Crossfire" box is checked, but I am unsure whether or not Crossfire is actually enabled. How can I make sure it is picking up both my cards and putting them in Crossfire?

Any help with either of these problems is greatly appreciated!

DarkDwarf

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
Update: GRID seems to crash. I don't know what the problem is. It drops to an FPS of about 1 (estimated), and then crashes several seconds later: This is on "Ultra" settings. It ought not to crash, especially since it shipped with the cards. And since I have two of them, I would expect to be running at Ultra Ultra settings. The cards? are idling at 45 with fans at 50%. Installing 8.7 as I type this.

DarkDwarf

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
Nope, no luck. It runs great for the first five seconds of the race (which it was not doing previously), then jumps from 4-5fps to 40fps back to 4-5fps and stays there.

If the old GFX card idea fails, I'd at least like to be able to switch from CF to dual monitor. Do I need to have both monitor cables on the same card for this?