Problem wiht new ram hyperx 1066

mezal1981

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
hai, if some one can help me ,the problem is i us buy 4 hyperx 1066 after i install in the msi 750i about 10 min. the blue screen pop up.right now the default in bios 800 and i try to overclock to 1066 but the window not runing.the boot time very faster,im using the window 7.can u give me tips should i use another window like xp 64 or vista 64.
my psu 1000 w cooler master real power.

flyin15sec

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
You'll want to change the voltage to the recommended settings and loosen timings to make sure your system is stable with 1066mhz ram. Do some testing , if it passes, then tighten up the timings to manufacturer specs.

Aslo since you are using 750i, make sure you unlink the ram and set it to 1066mhz.

oznio78

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
hi, i have the same ram, but i am running an eight gig set. I realized that my board didnt offer the implied support for ram e.g. its always 800 straight out, but im sure that ram is 2.3v and also id advise getting a or the newest bios flsh for your 750i , i have the same. if you have an 8 gig set up there may and probly is a bios flash for improved stability. The other issue is make sure all of them are seated. take them out and reseat the ram being sure that they are all in place. ive not been able to oc these much. im timid about cpu and memory ocs separatly. make sure you have enough file space on your hdd and ive consequently turned my vm off. the ram may actually be 800 ram that is overclocked, so maybe find another way to get it above 1066 with mobo select timings not expert and use youre cpu to up the ram value. ive had great luck with the lower latency in one or two cases overclocking nearly as high as you can get with a higher mhz ram 800 is like 1066. but i think if youre board can do it, hope you have the support for the faster ram or rather higher mhz. its ready for it. or just opt to overclock linked or synced. both are good choices and your ram wheather its factory oc or really 1066 will and should work optimally!