ASUS M2N-MX SE PLUS bios lock-up

wxfiend

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
I'm upgrading my system with new mb, cpu, and ram, and have run into some mb problems I think. Initially booting the system and going into bios to verify everything was in working order, after a min or two, the bios screen locks up and puts a random few words all over the screen from the page I was on.

I swapped out ram sticks and different slots, and still the same thing. Before it locks up, I am able to see that the cpu and ram are recognized. I called ASUS tech and they just suggested to send the board back for a replacement since I had checked for other possible component problems.

I did notice a couple capacitors on the mb were bent slightly but still attached, not sure if this would result in the issue or future issues.

So, is the mb just faulty, or could it be something else? Thoughts?

ASUS M2N-MX SE Plus AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
PSU is an older 20pin Antec 420watt

Timmm

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
(I know this thread is 6 months old but i wanna reply anyway)

seems ASUS wont go into this thread bcoz of all the issues with the mobo since asus screwed it, there also have been several problems in the past with recognizing memory, specially kingston 800...

when you call asus they will tell you to send them the mobo, and instead of fixing it, they just give a new one without you knowing..
wich means; they cant fix the problem at all??
wich means also; asus is going downhill..

--The mobo is faulthy yes, but it can be fixed;

i also have a ASUS M2N-MX SE Plus, but everything seems to work fine?

guess you FIRST have to get the battery out BE VERY CAREFULL, and put it back in,
do the same with the memory and all other things youve upgraded ;)
PS: be sure to put the power switch at the back OFF(if youre PC has 1).

If it still doesnt go, reply me again :)

TRENDING THREADS