Win2k & Standby

G

Can somebody help me with the following problem.

After my PC goes to standby by pressing the sleep buton, I can't wake it up. I tried by pressing the space bar, enter, the wake up bitton and just about all the other keys.

Nobody Knows Everything

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
Standby mode seems to give many people grief. This is what I do.

In Control Panel|Power Options, try setting: Power Scheme <font color=blue>(Always On)</font color=blue>, Turn Off Monitor After <font color=blue>(you determine)</font color=blue>, Turn Off Hard Disk <font color=blue>(Never)</font color=blue>, System Stanby <font color=blue>(Never)</font color=blue>.

In BIOS settings under Power: Power Management <font color=red>(User Define)</font color=red>, Video Off Option <font color=red>(Suspend -> Off)</font color=red>, Video Off Method <font color=red>(DPMS OFF)</font color=red>, HDD Power Down <font color=red>(Disabled)</font color=red>, Suspend Mode <font color=red>(Disabled)</font color=red>, PWR Button < 4 Secs <font color=red>(Soft Off)</font color=red>

I use these settings and never have problems anymore with the evil suspend mode.

JC-------<*){{{>{~~~~~
Fisher of men

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I use a slightly modified version of that control scheme.

In R.A.G.E. Mode, try setting: Ball-bat <font color=blue>(steel)</font color=blue>, Beat The Living Piss Out Of The Computer <font color=red>(enabled)</font color=red>, Twice <font color=blue>(always)</font color=blue>, Until It Stops Giving Me Grief or Msft Feels Threated Because So Many People Are Beating The Living Piss Out Of Their Computers, That They Are Losing Market Share <font color=blue>(you determine)</font color=blue>.

I use these settings and never have problems anymore with the evil/vile semantics of Msft.

<font color=blue>I hacked Msft, and all I got was this lousy source code.....</font color=blue>

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
LOL! Msft should provide us a complimentary <font color=blue>R.A.G.E. Mode</font color=blue> kit with every purchase of their product.

JC-------<*){{{>{~~~~~
Fisher of men