Help ME this is so weird

kse245

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
Ok when i try to connect my ATX Power Supply Connector into the Atx 1 pin connector it will only go half way in, it doesnt make any sense. Could someon please help me out here thnx.

kse245

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
Thats The problem the only way it will go in it only goes in half like theres something stopping it or something i even tried other ways and it didnt go in at all.

rdb

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
Sorry only kidding. road is right, there is only one way. Look at the plug and the slots. Unless there is something that has got down in there.

kse245

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
Ok let me try to explain it better i know it only goes in one way, and it seems to go in then like it doesnt wont to go all the way in and i checked to see if it was cloghed or something but its not and like i said any other way I try to put it in it wont go in at all.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Check the pins to make sure they are all straight and line up properly with the female connector on the PSU. Check the female side as well to ensure they are lining up.

kse245

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
Ok as im looking in the Atx poer supplty connector some of the pins are a little off like they are bent to the side what should I use to striaghtin them out

There is a little latch that keeps the connector from coming loose. When you push the connector in, it should be wedged open. When the connector is all the way in, it closes a bit to secure the connector to the mobo. If that little latch can't open, it will stop the connector about half way in. Is this your problem?

kse245

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
Nope it didnt it has something do with a manufacturing problem or something the pins inside the connector do not want to go in but they match the holes perfectly but dont want to go down all the way