upgrading web browser?

Hi, went to Ebay to look at things and came across this. how do I upgrade my
web browser? the blue link I suppose, takes you to where you can do this. Is
it safe? Will I jeopardize security. Never seen this before. thanks.

Note: We recently made changes to enable you to view eBay search pages
faster. If your eBay pages are appearing in text-only format due to these
changes, please upgrade your Web browser.
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrading browser

    In news:%23irVS0gqFHA.3016@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    Azy <mr@mr.com> had this to say:

    > Hi, went to Ebay to look at things and came across this. how do I
    > upgrade my web browser? the blue link I suppose, takes you to where
    > you can do this. Is it safe? Will I jeopardize security. Never seen
    > this before. thanks.
    >
    > Note: We recently made changes to enable you to view eBay search pages
    > faster. If your eBay pages are appearing in text-only format due to
    > these changes, please upgrade your Web browser.

    In fact it's highly recommended that you do FOR security reasons. Open IE,
    click tools, and click on Windows Update and do your updates there. Of
    course it could be a part of eBay going bonkers if you're already updated
    and say blocking certain header information but head there and do your
    updates and that will at least let you know if that was the problem. Updates
    are good... Get your updates from Microsoft's update site of course. Well,
    except drivers, in that case get them from the manufacturer of the device...

    Galen
    --

    "Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
    its solution is its own reward."

    Sherlock Holmes

    What version do you have now?

    Open IE go to help then slide down to about IE.

    Something sounds fishy here. If you have XP then IE is probably updated.

    What did you do to "speed up" your ebay viewing? I have never heard of a
    program the specifically speeds up ebay.
    In fact the way the Ebay site works there is very little in the way of
    caching that can speed it up.

    If any program advertised that specific capability, I wouldn't touch it with
    a ten foot pole. I would assume it was a password stealing and hijacking
    program.

    --
    Manny Borges
    MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)

    The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
    -- Marty Feldman
    "Azy" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, went to Ebay to look at things and came across this. how do I upgrade
    > my web browser? the blue link I suppose, takes you to where you can do
    > this. Is it safe? Will I jeopardize security. Never seen this before.
    > thanks.
    >

    > Note: We recently made changes to enable you to view eBay search pages
    > faster. If your eBay pages are appearing in text-only format due to these
    > changes, please upgrade your Web browser.

Web Browser Microsoft Ebay Windows XP