Sign in with
Your question

Toshiba TECRA 9100 hardware or driver problems?????

Last response: in Windows XP
December 2, 2010 10:16:49 PM

Just formatted and reinstal win xp pro sp3 on this laptop,but after installing the drivers from toshiba site(audio and bluetoothstack want install)I have several hardwares not working: Audio(yamaha ac-gx),bluetooth,sd cardreader,wifi,1 out of 2 usb ports....
a b \ Driver
December 3, 2010 5:06:56 AM

Mi68 said:
Just formatted and reinstal win xp pro sp3 on this laptop,but after installing the drivers from toshiba site(audio and bluetoothstack want install)I have several hardwares not working: Audio(yamaha ac-gx),bluetooth,sd cardreader,wifi,1 out of 2 usb ports....

Go back to the Toshiba site and make sure you get the chipset drivers - Northbridge and South.
Related resources
December 3, 2010 9:12:52 PM

I did install the chipset driver again and I had the second usb port to work a little,but not as good as the other that is perfect.I found the newest toshiba bluetooth stack and manage to inatall that one,but when I open software it says bluetooth not ready and remain like that.I know have a voice for bluetooth in devicem. and I upgraded drivers but It still doesn't work.no signo of life in audio and wifi.I installed a program to recognize pc hardware and it never show any entrance for audio of any type.I have a feeling the audiocard is working,problem is incompatibility with the xp srevice packs,but I do not want to downgrade so I need to find right drivers or to put external audio device...
December 3, 2010 9:22:11 PM

henydiah,first link wont work...second is not possible to download?!
December 4, 2010 9:33:12 AM

Thanks,I will try,think the problem is most drivers are out of date and want fit win xp pro sp3...

I found and intel chipset upgrade on intelsite and installed latest,I also found a newer version for Toshiba wireless lan mini pci card but I still didn't have any progress in functions...will keep on working.....

I still didn't upgrade bios,does that do any difference?
December 6, 2010 3:42:22 AM

if your printer work fine , ignore upgrade !
for driver just update ! no upgrade
a b \ Driver
December 6, 2010 5:25:08 AM

Mi68 said:
Thanks,I will try,think the problem is most drivers are out of date and want fit win xp pro sp3...

I'm not keeping up with henydiah so I don't know where printers come in here but I do know that there won't be any different drivers for an SP3 installation that won't have been put on the Toshiba site in the years since SP3 has been around. Go back in and download every driver you can find. There are thousands of these 9100 still in use, including the one I'm typing on, yet there are very few mentions of problems on the Net.

December 6, 2010 6:36:42 AM

I do not use or need to use a printer for this 9100 I have other pc's for that,this is going to be a gift for my son..

I upgraded bios to the 1.60(before it was 1.30)but It didn't change anything...
Saga Lout do you have a Tecra 9100???

Do you have xpsp3 on it???...if yes where did you pick drivers?
Do you have the ac-xg yamaha soundcard as me,does it work??

a b \ Driver
December 6, 2010 3:48:03 PM

Mi68 said:

Saga Lout do you have a Tecra 9100???

Do you have xpsp3 on it???...if yes where did you pick drivers?
Do you have the ac-xg yamaha soundcard as me,does it work??

As I posted earlier, SP3 made no difference to the driver set - I even beta tested it on the laptop and all my hardware worked properly throughout. I'm not on it at the moment but I'll check the soundcard details later and post back if I have any information. Do you have any sound at all or is this a problem with certain applications?

December 6, 2010 7:59:39 PM

I do not have any sound at all not even in windows,I cannot test it in sp 1 or sp 2 because I just have a cd for win xp with sp3 allready included.
The only sound I have is a "BIIP" when I try to close open windows in wrong order or some like that...I have no sound with headset either.In device manager I just have previous sounddrivers and no yamaha card as it should be...If I open hardwares on everest or siw there's no audio installed...

I am able to install an older version of sounddriver that i will see in installed programs but It will not load it drivers and not show up in devicemanager...I also tried to open HIDDEN drivers but ther's just nothing..

If I try to install a newer version of drivers that should be compatible with servicepacks 1 and 2...the installation starts but will end with "no driver was installed".

There's several articles online about tecra 9100 and audiodriverincompatibility with xp servicepacks...

Maybe it works just if I install drivers before installing sp3,to do that i should need a different kind of (older)cd.I cannot find any sp3 to take away in program list because it was allready in the installation from start...have just other upgrades...
a b \ Driver
December 7, 2010 5:56:59 AM

If nothing shows in Device Manager with a yellow mark, the device isn't being identified so I would suggest looking in BIOS to ensure audio is enabled in gthere. There is no more complicated sound in this machine than a standard Sound Max Digital Audio setup but knowing Toshiba, it's possible one system can differ from another in the same range.

The beep sound you hear is from the system speaker and doesn't indicate the presence of a sound system in any way.

December 7, 2010 7:13:00 AM

It should have a Yamaha ac-gx soundcard I will try to check bios,still think there is incompatibility with windows as so many have written about this problem,are thinking about formatting system ones more as also cardreader,wifi,bluetooth and one usb port are still not working...there could be some hardware problem in these but with audio I am pretty sure it's not because drivers want install....

Any suggestion how to act IF I format and reinstall...???

I cannot find a Xp pro version without servicepacks so I have to use my cd with sp3...
I thought of downloading toshiba drivers and put them on a cd so I can insert this drivercd when system asks just after installed windows(I do not have a restore/driver cd).

Do you know anything about scsi o raid drivers that should be installed before windows,could audio and the other problems depend on that?

As I say the audio isn't detected by the system and drivers are blocked from being installed...
December 7, 2010 10:03:41 PM

I did format the pc a second time,this time a clean normal format not the fast one,and I did reinstall win xp sp3...Did not see any audiodrivers but I suppose they never work by them self without installing manually the drivers after a format...
Thursday i will have some time to see if it has resolved anything...
!