Your question

Asus P5Q Pro

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • CD-Rom
  • Command Prompt
Last response: in Motherboards
October 18, 2008 6:45:56 PM

while installing the drivers from the driver cd, each time it would reboot I would get this message on boot up:

Bad or missing command interpreter
Enter full shell command line:
command.com /P /E:256

I obviously didn't know what to do, and all I could do was take the driver cd out and reset. It would then boot up and ask me to insert the driver cd. After doing that it would just continue to install the next set of updates. This happened each time I had to reboot during the installation but everything seems to have been installed... I think... Should I worry about this?

More about : asus p5q pro

October 18, 2008 7:13:44 PM

No harm done, you were supposed to remove the CD before rebooting (it says so even) but it's fine even like this.
October 18, 2008 7:45:29 PM

I think its trying to boot from the CD, which isnt possible.
Related resources
October 18, 2008 8:24:52 PM

ok thank you! it was an automatic installation. Rebooting itself after each set of installations.
February 21, 2010 5:14:42 AM

icyicy said:
No harm done, you were supposed to remove the CD before rebooting (it says so even) but it's fine even like this.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I know that this is an old thread, but I had to register to express my thanks. I have tried to reinstall the drivers and afterwards I got the black screen with the previous posted message.

After seeing your reply, I removed the disk and restarted and it worked.

Thanks a lot.
a b V Motherboard
February 21, 2010 7:51:45 AM

If it makes you feel any more confident, I had a machine with that exact same motherboard and it did basically the same thing. Bunch of random "crashes" and reboots for about half an hour until it finished what it was doing, and worked fine ever after. I don't think I had the CD still in, though. But .. point is, probably nothing to worry about.
!