Neither..... most of my PCs are on 24/7 and the only one that gets shutdown
is the notebook during boarding and leaving aircraft or when in the trunk of
the car on the way to/from the airport.

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"1029oah" <1029oah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What are Stand By and Hibernate mode?

"1029oah" <1029oah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What are Stand By and Hibernate mode?

Start ... Help and Support

then enter Power Options overview

Into the search box at the top and click the green button (white arrow)

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"1029oah" <1029oah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What are Stand By and Hibernate mode?

fred

Standby shuts your machine down and saves your pc's current state to memory,
Hibernate saves the same to the hard drive. You wouldn't want to use
Standby on a laptop and keep it off for an extended period, with Hibernate
it wouldn't matter.

"1029oah" <1029oah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What are Stand By and Hibernate mode?

fred

Do you turn your laptop on as soon as you take it out of the trunk of your
car and the minute you get off an airplane?

> Neither..... most of my PCs are on 24/7 and the only one that gets
> shutdown is the notebook during boarding and leaving aircraft or when in
> the trunk of the car on the way to/from the airport.
>

> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "1029oah" <1029oah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> What are Stand By and Hibernate mode?

Just out of curiosity, have you considered using the Windows Help Files to
find out?

Tom