Sign in with
Your question

Pc freezing

Last response: in Storage
December 2, 2009 11:52:01 AM

just installed a new lg gh22lp20 dvd burner. when trying to burn a dvd it goes through all the motions until i get to writing line in then everything freezes.using nero 8.have to reset in order to get out. burns music cd ok. any suggestions would be appreciated thanks ccjamber

More about : freezing

December 2, 2009 2:42:59 PM

curious,i just bought a new lg GH22 and i can't get it to burn anything,it reads,but won't burn.
is your burner sata?
m
l
December 3, 2009 11:02:19 PM

damian86 said:
curious,i just bought a new lg GH22 and i can't get it to burn anything,it reads,but won't burn.
is your burner sata?

no its pata
m
l
Related resources
December 14, 2009 1:12:38 PM

ccjamber said:
just installed a new lg gh22lp20 dvd burner. when trying to burn a dvd it goes through all the motions until i get to writing line in then everything freezes.using nero 8.have to reset in order to get out. burns music cd ok. any suggestions would be appreciated thanks ccjamber

anybody out there have any answers to the above thread . bought a different brand of cdr still freezing . also tried imgburn also freezing.
just tried burning same dvd using nero express and video cd .used blank cd-r
burned ok and played back on dvd player
still will not burn using dvd-r or dvd+r
m
l
a b G Storage
December 17, 2009 9:00:17 AM

RMA your drive. Burners are to work right on after installation. If it doesn't work something is wrong with it. Burning DVD disc is old technology that it should work outright.

Have you tried different brand DVD+R/-R. Known good brands are recommended over cheap no-name or store-brand.

When i have new optical drive i test it with Re-writable disc/media. In that way i don't throw away good disc.

I program video/movie then i play it on standard DVD player. When i program files or data... That disc should be readable on any of my PC.
m
l
December 17, 2009 11:39:17 AM

leon2006 said:
RMA your drive. Burners are to work right on after installation. If it doesn't work something is wrong with it. Burning DVD disc is old technology that it should work outright.

Have you tried different brand DVD+R/-R. Known good brands are recommended over cheap no-name or store-brand.

When i have new optical drive i test it with Re-writable disc/media. In that way i don't throw away good disc.

I program video/movie then i play it on standard DVD player. When i program files or data... That disc should be readable on any of my PC.

yes tried magnasonic and mermorex both dvd-r and dvd+r dont think its the burner it burns music on cdr also video on cdr ccjamber
m
l
December 27, 2009 9:50:09 PM

my one is still not burning at all,but it does read.i bought maxell cds and it won't burn them,WTF now?
m
l
December 28, 2009 12:38:02 AM

Hi mate, i think i got it fixed, check what i just posted on my thread, give it a shot to see what happens.good luck :sweat: 
m
l
December 28, 2009 3:29:10 PM

First of all,do you have in bios, your ports configured to pata?
like mine, i can set it to sata+pata,only sata,etc..
m
l
January 4, 2010 8:04:48 PM

damian86 said:
First of all,do you have in bios, your ports configured to pata?
like mine, i can set it to sata+pata,only sata,etc..

set at pata.i tried burning in safe mode and it burned ok. so the burner is working ok must be something in pc or program
m
l
January 4, 2010 9:08:55 PM

good.and after that did you try burning but not in safe mode?
maybe any virtual drive causes the conflict.in safe mode it wont load its drivers.
m
l
January 5, 2010 1:54:19 PM

damian86 said:
good.and after that did you try burning but not in safe mode?
maybe any virtual drive causes the conflict.in safe mode it wont load its drivers.

yes still freezes but tried in safe mode with networking and it freezes every time
ccjamber
m
l
January 5, 2010 3:48:26 PM

ccjamber said:
yes still freezes but tried in safe mode with networking and it freezes every time
ccjamber

So the device firmware is up to date, it burns only cds and burns dvd's only in safe mode.
Here are a few questions, is always good to know:

Are you making a direct copy of a dvd? eg, is it reading from another dvd drive?

how much RAM do you have installed on your computer?

What program do you use to burn dvds?
m
l
January 12, 2010 12:57:36 PM

He.I just requested my RMA number for my one.i am sending it back.i cant have that. :fou: 
will try to get my money back and buy from overclockers or anywhere else
m
l
!