any good timers or macros for counting down buff times?

I am always forgetting when i start and when to stop buffing and it is a
pain!
Is there a macro that will count down 10 and 4 minutes?
Are there good macro sites that are easy for a newb like me to
understand?..lol

What about real life stopwatches?
i have a sony clie collecting dust on my desk..anyone know of a good free
timer for it?

Not a earth shattering problem but when im trying to buff and get back out
there and get distracted by phone or in game tell etc its a pain.

KROM

You might have one already. Last time I used some Vassarian brandy I
noticed there was a little window on the right hand side of my screen, with
a timer and a progress bar showing how much time was left. Never noticed it
before but it was half hidden under another window. Don't know if it works
for all types of buffs but it is certainly there for food buffs.

Also there is an alarm in the Options menu. You can set it to either go off
at a certain time, or go off after a certain number of minutes. You can
also change the alarm sound and add a text message.

"KROM" <thekromremoveremove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am always forgetting when i start and when to stop buffing and it is a
> pain!
> Is there a macro that will count down 10 and 4 minutes?
> Are there good macro sites that are easy for a newb like me to
> understand?..lol
>
> What about real life stopwatches?
> i have a sony clie collecting dust on my desk..anyone know of a good free
> timer for it?
>
> Not a earth shattering problem but when im trying to buff and get back out
> there and get distracted by phone or in game tell etc its a pain.
>

> KROM

"KROM" <thekromremoveremove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am always forgetting when i start and when to stop buffing and it is a
> pain!
> Is there a macro that will count down 10 and 4 minutes?
> Are there good macro sites that are easy for a newb like me to
> understand?..lol
>
> What about real life stopwatches?
> i have a sony clie collecting dust on my desk..anyone know of a good free
> timer for it?
>
> Not a earth shattering problem but when im trying to buff and get back out
> there and get distracted by phone or in game tell etc its a pain.
>

> KROM

In order to determine the time for my macros, i just created a clock macro
that uses echo. Echo only displays the text in the spacial box, so its not
very noticable. If someone could suggest a way to display it on the screen,
I would be grateful.

Murry (Tarquinas)

"KROM" <thekromremoveremove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am always forgetting when i start and when to stop buffing and it is
> pain!
> Is there a macro that will count down 10 and 4 minutes?
> Are there good macro sites that are easy for a newb like me to
> understand?..lol
>
> What about real life stopwatches?
> i have a sony clie collecting dust on my desk..anyone know of a good
free
> timer for it?
>
> Not a earth shattering problem but when im trying to buff and get back
out
> there and get distracted by phone or in game tell etc its a pain.

The 'Alarm' option in the Options (cntrl-o) menu is a Godsend for stuff
like this. Just make sure you scroll the window all the way down, add
your comment and then hit the 'Add Alarm' button. I thought the alarm
was broken back near the beginning because it never worked, until I
noticed you had to scroll down and add the alarm =)

I use it for buffing (both my guys are Master Musicians), when I get
incapped (10 minute timer to make sure you don't hit the 3 incaps in 10
minute mark), if I am doing something while waiting for a shuttle, etc.
It is incredibly useful.

- Oalan

You could type this line into chat:
/pause 240; /say 4 MINUTES; /pause 600; /say 10 MINUTES
If you don't want to say it outloud, you can change the /say to /t "your
name";

"jibbrish" <jibbrish@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You could type this line into chat:
> /pause 240; /say 4 MINUTES; /pause 600; /say 10 MINUTES
> If you don't want to say it outloud, you can change the /say to /t "your
> name";
>

> "KROM" <thekromremoveremove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I am always forgetting when i start and when to stop buffing and it is a
> > pain!
> > Is there a macro that will count down 10 and 4 minutes?
> > Are there good macro sites that are easy for a newb like me to
> > understand?..lol
> >
> > What about real life stopwatches?
> > i have a sony clie collecting dust on my desk..anyone know of a good
free
> > timer for it?
> >
> > Not a earth shattering problem but when im trying to buff and get back
out
> > there and get distracted by phone or in game tell etc its a pain.
> >

> > KROM

There is a nifty alarm macro I use when I'm on muon, it makes a ding and
gives a system message to tell me I'm about to crash... I will post it here
shortly, my cut-and-paste keybindings are toast atm.

Maryk Tormass, TKM/Master Brawler/Merchant, Lowca
Come see my vendor in the Tantive Emporium, in Tantive, Naboo, just 1km N of
Aurora Ionis shuttleport.

"The other Mike" <mtl?ink@earthl?ink.net> wrote in message

> "jibbrish" <jibbrish@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > You could type this line into chat:
> > /pause 240; /say 4 MINUTES; /pause 600; /say 10 MINUTES
> > If you don't want to say it outloud, you can change the /say to /t "your
> > name";
> >

> > "KROM" <thekromremoveremove@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I am always forgetting when i start and when to stop buffing and it is
> > > pain!
> > > Is there a macro that will count down 10 and 4 minutes?
> > > Are there good macro sites that are easy for a newb like me to
> > > understand?..lol
> > >
> > > What about real life stopwatches?
> > > i have a sony clie collecting dust on my desk..anyone know of a good
> free
> > > timer for it?
> > >
> > > Not a earth shattering problem but when im trying to buff and get back
> out
> > > there and get distracted by phone or in game tell etc its a pain.
> > >

> > > KROM
> > >

> There is a nifty alarm macro I use when I'm on muon, it makes a ding and
> gives a system message to tell me I'm about to crash... I will post it
here
> shortly, my cut-and-paste keybindings are toast atm.
>
> Maryk Tormass, TKM/Master Brawler/Merchant, Lowca
> Come see my vendor in the Tantive Emporium, in Tantive, Naboo, just 1km N
of
> Aurora Ionis shuttleport.

/alarmaddin 0 9 muon gone!

Every time I take a muon gold, I punch the hotkey with this macro, and in 9
minutes an alarm tells me I have 1 minute left before I start puking. It's
easily adaptable to buffs.

Maryk Tormass, TKM/Master Brawler/Merchant, Lowca
Come see my vendor in the Tantive Emporium, in Tantive, Naboo, just 1km N of
Aurora Ionis shuttleport.

great info guys thanks a ton!

KROM