Help Me Understand Liquid Cooling!

notrace

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Okay so basically, I'm having a bit of trouble starting to build a list of stuff i need to liquid cool my rig, so correct me if I'm wrong!

Necessities;

- Pump
- Radiator
- Water Blocks for each part I'm cooling
- Water Reservoir?

So i got that part down, and one of my biggest problems is determining how North Bridge/South Bridge/Mosfets defer from one another... they're all completely separate things on a motherboard correct? And for each one you will have a different water block? Mosfets control like voltage and temperature throughout your motherboard correct? Thanks for helping me out guys Toms Hardware is superb for this kind of stuff.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/252455-29-water-cooled-computer#t1801333

The basic things you need to cool the CPU: CPU Water block + pump+ res +radiator + tubing + distilled water + PT Nuke(or KillCoils).

This should clear things up as far as North/South bridge goes:
Northsouthbridge.png

MOSFETs regulate voltage.

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Only cool the NB/SB if your overclock is limited by these temps. Cooling the CPU and GPU is where you get 90% of the benefit. No one cools the ram or HDD, it's silly and very expensive.

Build a good WC loop by planning for CPU and GPU. Pay attention to size for the rads. You ned a BIG case or your going external.

Read the stuff posted I wrote long ago, cya in a few weeks once you have an idea of what to do.

And asking here is a waste of time, there are much better forums for watercooling than here.

The info has ben posted, learn.