Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Cannot burn anything!!!!

Tags:
  • DVD Writers
  • DVD
  • Burner
  • CD-Rom
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
Share
December 2, 2009 2:38:59 PM

Hi,i have a new LG dvd-rw,sata,i'm not able to burn CD's/DVD's.
When i burn a cd on WMP maybe at 7% progress it stops and says burned succesfully.but there are not tracks in the cd.
i also had the calibration error a few days ago when i was trying to burn a dvd. :fou: 

More about : burn

December 2, 2009 4:32:37 PM

I just tried to burn a cd using another brand of cd,(i normally use tdk's)a maxell,but it was a rewritable one,i had it for storage for ages.
well it worked,so should i buy a different brand of cd's dvd's?
Score
0
Anonymous
a b G Storage
December 2, 2009 6:10:22 PM

I can't believe a modern drive is having problems with a decent brand like TDK but not with Maxell. I would point the finger at WMP -- or possibly a faulty drive.

I'd buy a pack of re-writables of any decent brand (Verbatim, Sony, Imation, Philips) and see how you get on -- if you continue having failures stop using WMP.

If you're lucky LG will have provided Nero or Roxio -- or download a free writing program. I use Koyotesoft's Free Easy CD and Ashampoo Lite with a bunch of crappy old secondhand drives and they seem reliable programs, if not as intuitive as Roxio.

You might also check that the writer is the primary drive -- if such a thing exists on SATA (my drives are as old as my computers and I've barely used SATA)

If none of this works, you may have to return the drive.
Score
0
Related resources
a b G Storage
December 2, 2009 9:05:35 PM

damian86 said:
well it worked,so should i buy a different brand of cd's dvd's?

Yes, a calibration error is an indication that your burner doesn't like the disc.
Score
0

Best solution

a c 110 G Storage
December 2, 2009 10:28:33 PM

You do a firmware upgrade on the burner?
Share
December 3, 2009 1:16:42 AM

yes,i have a nero copy,i just thought it was crap.but i will give it another try.
the first time i was not able to burn anything,so i updated firmware,then i was able to burn in WMP.
but now,again.so what is it?i was thinking that the motherboard,but..it cant be!! it works great,4 year old but it's still working.
or maybe it was a bad TDK cds?and dvds too?hmm...i'm dissapointed !
Score
0
December 13, 2009 1:29:41 AM

i still need to try with new cds.i dont know where to buy
Score
0
Anonymous
a b G Storage
December 13, 2009 7:10:28 AM

I think I would return the drive before you waste any more time or money on it.
Score
0
December 13, 2009 12:50:57 PM

Quote:
I think I would return the drive before you waste any more time or money on it.

but the drive is brand new,and i have already returned another driver because it stopped working,what if it's my motherboard?
Score
0
December 27, 2009 9:15:54 PM

OK,i just bought a pack of 25 Maxells, and i tried to burn a cd using WMP and it didn't burn it.
Maybe i should get a IDE burner?
Score
0
December 28, 2009 12:33:47 AM

I re installed the firmware (TL01) and after that installed the software that came with it,(LG power tools,updater etc)I ran the updater.
LG updater found an update, (TL02) so i downloaded and installed it,then it would say that i need to turn my pc off to finish with the update,so that is what i did,strange, i never had to turn my pc off to apply an update. i turned back on again, the first cd i tried to burn only burned 4 tracks of 15.(using WMP)
updated lightscribe app.
then tried to burn a cd using the nero app that came on the cd.The burn process was succesfull at 48x.
and now i burned a cd using WMP, cd burned succesfully.
it seems to be working properly now.it probably was a problem with windows 7, the update did say it was for W7 support-i don't know.
I will keep an eye on this one.
Thanks for the help there and i hope it can help other people.
Score
0
a c 110 G Storage
December 28, 2009 4:34:31 AM

Glad it worked for you. I generally look for a new firmware update about every 3 months. Between that and buying name brand media I hardly ever have a burn fail anymore.
Score
0
December 28, 2009 2:01:43 PM

damian86 said:
I re installed the firmware (TL01) and after that installed the software that came with it,(LG power tools,updater etc)I ran the updater.
LG updater found an update, (TL02) so i downloaded and installed it,then it would say that i need to turn my pc off to finish with the update,so that is what i did,strange, i never had to turn my pc off to apply an update. i turned back on again, the first cd i tried to burn only burned 4 tracks of 15.(using WMP)
updated lightscribe app.
then tried to burn a cd using the nero app that came on the cd.The burn process was succesfull at 48x.
and now i burned a cd using WMP, cd burned succesfully.
it seems to be working properly now.it probably was a problem with windows 7, the update did say it was for W7 support-i don't know.
I will keep an eye on this one.
Thanks for the help there and i hope it can help other people.


you said you burned a cd successfully but can you burn dvd .my problem is i can burn music on cdr even video on cdr but when i try using dvdr pc freezes during writing lead in.i tried verbatin .memorex and magnasonic with same results.my burner is also brand new a lg 22lp20.i used nero ,imgburn and powersource still no luck
ccjamber
Score
0
December 28, 2009 4:16:48 PM

I just burned a dvd,it said burned succesfully at 4x, (06.30 min)
But after a few seconds when i'm watching it, it jams.i think it didn't write it properly.the film freezes, and i have to stop it. :fou: 
i'm running out of blank dvds.i don't know what to do now.
Score
0
December 29, 2009 10:26:24 PM

damian86 said:
I just burned a dvd,it said burned succesfully at 4x, (06.30 min)
But after a few seconds when i'm watching it, it jams.i think it didn't write it properly.the film freezes, and i have to stop it. :fou: 
i'm running out of blank dvds.i don't know what to do now.


im in the same position with my burner dont know what else to do .sent a bunch of emails to lg but havent even got a reply. thinking of getting a different brand burner.
ccjamber
Score
0
December 30, 2009 12:07:51 AM

thats a pain...i just exchanged a samsung for a LG, and i can't have my drive for once.
do yo think they would release another firmware?i need to try re installing the firmware,
i dont want to rma it again.
Score
0
February 23, 2012 10:03:42 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!