Cannot burn anything!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Hi,i have a new LG dvd-rw,sata,i'm not able to burn CD's/DVD's.
When i burn a cd on WMP maybe at 7% progress it stops and says burned succesfully.but there are not tracks in the cd.
i also had the calibration error a few days ago when i was trying to burn a dvd. :fou:

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I just tried to burn a cd using another brand of cd,(i normally use tdk's)a maxell,but it was a rewritable one,i had it for storage for ages.
well it worked,so should i buy a different brand of cd's dvd's?

G

I can't believe a modern drive is having problems with a decent brand like TDK but not with Maxell. I would point the finger at WMP -- or possibly a faulty drive.

I'd buy a pack of re-writables of any decent brand (Verbatim, Sony, Imation, Philips) and see how you get on -- if you continue having failures stop using WMP.

If you're lucky LG will have provided Nero or Roxio -- or download a free writing program. I use Koyotesoft's Free Easy CD and Ashampoo Lite with a bunch of crappy old secondhand drives and they seem reliable programs, if not as intuitive as Roxio.

You might also check that the writer is the primary drive -- if such a thing exists on SATA (my drives are as old as my computers and I've barely used SATA)

If none of this works, you may have to return the drive.

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
yes,i have a nero copy,i just thought it was crap.but i will give it another try.
the first time i was not able to burn anything,so i updated firmware,then i was able to burn in WMP.
but now,again.so what is it?i was thinking that the motherboard,but..it cant be!! it works great,4 year old but it's still working.
or maybe it was a bad TDK cds?and dvds too?hmm...i'm dissapointed !

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I re installed the firmware (TL01) and after that installed the software that came with it,(LG power tools,updater etc)I ran the updater.
LG updater found an update, (TL02) so i downloaded and installed it,then it would say that i need to turn my pc off to finish with the update,so that is what i did,strange, i never had to turn my pc off to apply an update. i turned back on again, the first cd i tried to burn only burned 4 tracks of 15.(using WMP)
updated lightscribe app.
then tried to burn a cd using the nero app that came on the cd.The burn process was succesfull at 48x.
and now i burned a cd using WMP, cd burned succesfully.
it seems to be working properly now.it probably was a problem with windows 7, the update did say it was for W7 support-i don't know.
I will keep an eye on this one.
Thanks for the help there and i hope it can help other people.

D

Deleted member 217926

Glad it worked for you. I generally look for a new firmware update about every 3 months. Between that and buying name brand media I hardly ever have a burn fail anymore.

ccjamber

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009

you said you burned a cd successfully but can you burn dvd .my problem is i can burn music on cdr even video on cdr but when i try using dvdr pc freezes during writing lead in.i tried verbatin .memorex and magnasonic with same results.my burner is also brand new a lg 22lp20.i used nero ,imgburn and powersource still no luck
ccjamber

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I just burned a dvd,it said burned succesfully at 4x, (06.30 min)
But after a few seconds when i'm watching it, it jams.i think it didn't write it properly.the film freezes, and i have to stop it. :fou:
i'm running out of blank dvds.i don't know what to do now.

ccjamber

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009

im in the same position with my burner dont know what else to do .sent a bunch of emails to lg but havent even got a reply. thinking of getting a different brand burner.
ccjamber

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
thats a pain...i just exchanged a samsung for a LG, and i can't have my drive for once.
do yo think they would release another firmware?i need to try re installing the firmware,
i dont want to rma it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.