Sign in with
Your question

Ip address

Last response: in Windows XP
December 4, 2010 1:47:42 AM

Hello,
For some reason, all of a sudden, my laptop wont connect to the network, to get to the internet. When I try to repair I get message "Cannot renew or acquire IP address. I found what I thought was IP address but it didn't work. I did Run: IPCONFIG and a black DOS screen flashes (I can't read). I read somewhere that I needed to add the IP address to IPCONFIG, but I must have the wrong one.
I tried connecting another PC to network, but get the same problem.
This has been wkg fine for a year !!

More about : address

a b D Laptop
December 4, 2010 5:30:21 AM

dihard-cookie said:
Hello,
For some reason, all of a sudden, my laptop wont connect to the network, to get to the internet. When I try to repair I get message "Cannot renew or acquire IP address. I found what I thought was IP address but it didn't work. I did Run: IPCONFIG and a black DOS screen flashes (I can't read).

[#0005ff]
You typed ipconfig into the open box having gone from Start to Run. To make that black screen stand still, either type cmd and hit Enter to bring the screen up or type cmd /k ipconfig /all (including all the spaces) then hit Enter and the screen will show the information you need.

To make the change to IP addresses that you want to do, open up Control Panel>Network Connections and right click the relevant connection. In Properties, highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties. If there are settings in the boxes, just blob the radio buttons for Obtain IP and DNS automatically then click Apply and OK your way out. Restart the computer and see if that helped.
[/#000ff]

m
l
!