Wouldn't wake up from sleep.

icyicy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
Hello.
I accidentally pressed sleep instead of shut down last night, and then nothing would wake up the computer. I had to reset the CMOS to get it working, however I'd prefer if that didn't happen again.

I use an Asus P5Q Pro motherboard, basic Microsoft keyboard (no sleep button, but space should work nevertheless?) and a G9 Logitech USB mouse. I haven't messed with the jumpers about how to wake up the computer using keyboard and USB devices, everything was left on default. I had left the option about S1/S3/Auto to the default value in BIOS (Auto). The keyboard and mouse seemed to get no power during this time which would explain why they couldn't wake it up.

Thanks in advance.

If it matters, here's my complete specs:
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Pro
PSU: Thermaltake 550W
CPU: Q6600
RAM: Corsair 4gb (2x2gb) 800mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1V
GPU: Gainward HD4850 512mb
HD: WD6400AAKS

Nothing has been overclocked.

MaDMagik

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Got the same problem, if i put it to sleep i cannot wake it with the keyboard, have to press the power button. Same as you Im thinking that its the no-power usb fault. I cant find my usb-ps2 adapter in my mess to check it but if i will Ill let you know

Skip_24

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
If you change the jumper settings for USB power, you should be able to wake with USB devices. My computer will wake up, but just sits there and does nothing until I press the reset button. I have an ECS G31T-M motherboard with an intel Q8200. Anyone know how to fix it?