Thermaltake ArmorPlus Full Tower

Lavacon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I LOVE my armor plus full tower

Its got room for everything, and great airflow.. just a bit on the heavy side.

I have a 2x120mm Radiator with 4 fans on it for a push/pull setup on the bottom of this thing and it doesn't block anything.

andrewcc

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
I don't have the newer armor plus, just the regular armor, but I really like it. There's a ton of space inside, which means my big clumsy hands can fit, and it's nice and cool with all the fans. It does admittedly weigh a ton and a half, but I'd rather have it that way, to be honest, plus it's solid as a brick, which I also rather enjoy.....no sway or wobble to it, and it doesn't get knocked around on the the floor.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
I also have the regular Thermaltake Armor. It's huge, has excellent cooling, durable, and has 9 5.25 inch drive bays. The only difference between the regular and the armor plus is that side case fan, which I don't think does a whole lot. It does blow some air onto the graphics card area, but it also obstructs the air flow from the front of the case to the rear of the case. So I am not sure if the armor plus is really any more effective cooling wise than the regular one.

I am going to buy another "iCage" for a second front 120mm fan for some extra cooling. I like how thermaltake offers little add ons like that. You can also buy a side panel with a fan in it if you really wanted to.

Lavacon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
The regular armor and the armor plus have MANY differences. You can get a regular armor with a side fan as well. the design is similar but definitely not the same.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
The only "differences" would be that instead of being vertical, the power supply is horizontal, and there is an additional power button on top of the case. I really don't see any real change to the case besides the side fan. Oh, you get one less expansion slot and pay $50 more.

:p

ajcroteau

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Thanx for the feedback guys, I went ahead and ordered it.

For those of you who are already using this tower, how many additional fans did you add and can you tell me how setup the airflow?

Do you add 2 on the bottom and 1 at the top and are they pulling in or pushing out air?

This is how i was imagining it myself. The case comes with one in the back, 1 big one on the side, and one in the front. The one in front and on the side are pulling air in, the one in the back is pushing air out. I would add 2 140mm fans at the bottom to pull air in, and then add a 140mm fan at the top to push air out. Does this make sense?

Thanx guys for your time.
AJ