a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
December 2, 2009 11:02:17 PM

I have a question.
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
December 2, 2009 11:06:51 PM

I have Windows 7 Professional x64 bit version. At the beginning when I turn on my computer, I have about 140gb of free space. After 4 hours, I get a warning message saying that I have no disk space available. Can someone tell me whats going on here? I never had this problem before.
m
l
a b G Storage
December 3, 2009 10:47:28 AM

Have you done a virus/spyware scan?

How about a checkdisk (or whatever the Win 7 equivalent is).

If you reboot, do you get the space back?
m
l
Related resources
May 14, 2010 8:46:48 PM

I am having the same problem. I can watch my free space disappear before my eyes. No files seem to be growing (did directory analysis). When i reboot, the disk space is back, but immediately starts disappearing again.

I fixed this once by doing a minimal boot and slowly adding back the start-up apps/services until it started happening again, trying to find the culprit. But i eventually added all my start-up items back, and it stopped happening. So, i fixed it without knowing what the problem was, or really changing anything.

Well, it just started happening again. I haven't found any solutions on the internet, yet.
m
l
May 14, 2010 8:48:02 PM

Did a virus scan the first time, and doing one now. Nothing showed up the first time.
m
l
July 13, 2010 4:13:23 AM

use space monger (free version) to find out whats eating up your space. Then google that file and see what it's problem is. On a vista machine I worked on, it was some built in backup thing that was eating up space.
m
l
July 13, 2010 3:06:40 PM

thanks. that's what i did, and found that pc tools had a log file with no space limit. a new version of the program now works.
m
l
!