Free space disappearing windows 7

G

I have Windows 7 Professional x64 bit version. At the beginning when I turn on my computer, I have about 140gb of free space. After 4 hours, I get a warning message saying that I have no disk space available. Can someone tell me whats going on here? I never had this problem before.

willrot

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
I am having the same problem. I can watch my free space disappear before my eyes. No files seem to be growing (did directory analysis). When i reboot, the disk space is back, but immediately starts disappearing again.

I fixed this once by doing a minimal boot and slowly adding back the start-up apps/services until it started happening again, trying to find the culprit. But i eventually added all my start-up items back, and it stopped happening. So, i fixed it without knowing what the problem was, or really changing anything.

Well, it just started happening again. I haven't found any solutions on the internet, yet.

allanonmage

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
use space monger (free version) to find out whats eating up your space. Then google that file and see what it's problem is. On a vista machine I worked on, it was some built in backup thing that was eating up space.